Welcome To aBlackWeb

Legend or Vet: Devin The Dude

Legend or Vet?

• Total voters
Yea i was pretty much using as what the definition says. Just making the point that just cuz you've been around for a long time doesn't mean you're a legend. So in hindsight there's really no need for the "neither" option.

@ap21

In my opinion everyody we've done so far is at least a veteran

Cam been it since what? 97 he' not a veteran?

Beans been in it since the early 2000s? He's not a veteran?

Being a legend is subjective but I really dont know how else you can define veteran lol

Tech 9 veteran, Lil Keke veteran, AZ veteran, E-40 veteran, Lil Wayne veteran, Twista veteran, O.C veteran, Fat Joe veteran, Ludacris veteran, The Game veteran, Z-Ro veteran, Nelly veteran, Lil Kim veteran

I listed random artist just to show show how simple it is to me and how I
I define veteran

cool

but this aint my series lol

i think goldie was trying to measure impact and contributions to hip hop as a whole

Yea i was pretty much using as what the definition says. Just making the point that just cuz you've been around for a long time doesn't mean you're a legend. So in hindsight there's really no need for the "neither" option.
then my vote goes to vet for sure then

You gonna have to separate impactful vets from longevity vets cause I struggle putting Devin in the same space as Cam and Beans

thats kinda my point though

im not saying devin is trash, but lets keep it a buck...he's a one trick pony, and nothing is wrong with the fact that he sticks to his lane

but he not reaching that far outside the third coast region brah
AP u have listened to 1 devin album

Devin been in game since 1994 and u have knowledge of 1 album.

U have listened to the same amount of Devin albums as u have Cardi B albums

:foh5:

U not even qualified to speak on Devins career

AP u have listened to 1 devin album

Devin been in game since 1994 and u have knowledge of 1 album.

U have listened to the same amount of Devin albums as u have Cardi B albums

:foh5:

U not even qualified to speak on Devins career
Brah, outside of a feature or two on an artist project with more moneynoto, nobody but cult fans checking for him like that and nothing wrong with that.

I didn't call him wack or trash or anything yet you interpreting my remarks as such.

I just changed my vote to vet. What's wrong with that?

Brah, outside of a feature or two on an artist project with more moneynoto, nobody but cult fans checking for him like that and nothing wrong with that.

I didn't call him wack or trash or anything yet you interpreting my remarks as such.

I just changed my vote to vet. What's wrong with that?

Im fine w/ u voting him as a vet.

But u still dont know shit about his discography.

Im fine w/ u voting him as a vet.

But u still dont know shit about his discography.
I didn't claim I did

Why are you hung up on that?

His discography just don't have the reach that others do and nothing is wrong with that but for the purposes of this discussion, a legend he is not

One of the GOAT hooks ever done!

He's a great vet, but I'm not mad @ the legend status some may give him.

Last edited:
Roll Tide I see you......I still got a Dirty album or two on my phone

hate you feel that way about Dev tho, for real

Roll Tide I see you......I still got a Dirty album or two on my phone

hate you feel that way about Dev tho, for real
:df:you got a Dirty album?

Where you from again?
And yea, I just don't like Dev at all lol...at all. Sorry.

Back