Welcome To aBlackWeb

I thought the movie was ok. I haven't gone through all these posts, so maybe someone beat me too it, but do people not realize that this move is basically just a rehash of an Outer Limits episode.

I thought the movie was ok. I haven't gone through all these posts, so maybe someone beat me too it, but do people not realize that this move is basically just a rehash of an Outer Limits episode.
You gonna tell us what episode? It's been almost 30 yrs since that show was on.

You said it matter-of-factly like we're supposed to know. Niggas didn't love outer limits like that. 🤣

Far as acting or looks?
Need some context here. Looks, I’ll take Meagan all day, but if we talking acting skills, it shouldn’t even be a discussion
Nah they were talking who was the it girl actress amongst the respective races and Mel tried to say Megan good was the equivalent to Julia Roberts to black people.

Which was nuts lol. We don't love Megan good like that and she's not touching Julia Roberts as far as acting chops and impact on box office.

If you let @Inori tell it Megan Good is the goat tho.

:hahaha:

Someones been trying to get me to watch and I've really been trying to avoid it, but I'm running out of excuses

Tonight might be the night 🥹
It's not as bad as niggas making it out to be. But you might have heard enough to ruin the intrigue and suspense the movie was great at generating. I'm glad I was able to go into it early with no outside takes or opinions. I was locked in.

It's not as bad as niggas making it out to be. But you might have heard enough to ruin the intrigue and suspense the movie was great at generating. I'm glad I was able to go into it early with no outside takes or opinions. I was locked in.
IDK man. I can't think of the movie that fucked it up for me but I've been trying to avoid these types of movies like the plague.

Maybe it was a m night joint

IDK man. I can't think of the movie that fucked it up for me but I've been trying to avoid these types of movies like the plague.

Maybe it was a m night joint
Yeah it's just a horrible ending you have to deal with but besides that it's solid and gives you some things to think about when it's over.

In order from the latest disaster movies I seen from best to worst

1. Don’t Look Up
2. Leave The World Behind
3. White Noise
4. Knock at The Cabin

Last edited:
I watched this finally yesterday. Didn't hop on this thread or read reviews, the book or spoilers beforehand. I kinda predicted and called every major plot point before it appeared on screen. The house with the bunker was forshadowed. I enjoyed it.

now the angry deer and flamingos were trash tho.

Alot of subtext that went above y'all heads. Like 1619 or the fact they own the house but slept in the basement.

Also for example the ending....I interpreted that as Gen Z or whatever is so oblivious to reality that all they care for is simple and instant gratification i.e. watching Friends. That generation is screwed

White men in the 30-60 age demo are pretty much useless in an emergency, Ethan Hawke's character flat out admits to this in that scene. I bet this fact is a leading cause to the low RT User ratings

That Cuban Syndrome or whatever with the sonic waves is REAL. That was an unsolved phenomenon that affected a few US Diplomats in the last 7-8 years. Look it up...now whether that cause people's teeth to fall out like world war z...that might have been some Hollywood shit

And the fact that an ex President put his stamp on a movie about cyber warfare and potential civil war is pretty telling...a cautionary tale

Back