Welcome To aBlackWeb

Leave or stay?

You are crazy as hell if you haven't sorted out the topic of marriage from the beginning or after things got pretty serious.
If I have to work over time to change your mind into marrying me, this isn't a relationship worth keeping.
I never want to pressure anyone to be with me...much less marry me.
If we aren't on the same page...
Relationship = cancelled.

5 years is a long ass time to not have made a sound decision on what you both expect, need and want out of the relationship.

that's not the type of thing that you just wanna get over,...cuz one person ain't happy...and that creates a wedge....and as it grows...things can hop in that gap

better off deading the whole thing and moving on

I agree with both of the above but there with an exception. I was not a fan of wedding ceremonies because why do we need a piece of paper to seal our union. At first I was winning the battle or so I thought until our child came and my wife's mother became ill. My mother in law was never married and it became a bigger deal to my wife and now we are married because it was important to her and that made it important to me. If you truely care for the person you will be willing to do somethings that you may feel are trivial just to make the other person happy. But you shouldn't just leave and give up a great relationship when there is still time for that persons opinion to change. Thank the most high that she didn't listen to my nonesense and left me.

So leave your ideal relationship because you don't have a legal agreement....
Sounds dumb, what extra does marriage bring to a relationship

How long does it take for one to say it's been long enough?

Some companies state, you have to be with them for 10 years before you're invested into their retirement pool.

Why put a timeline on love though

Here's the hidden thing, you leave the 5 years on the table, get wit a new dude, who is great (let's say) but he makes you wait, let's say 3 years Lol cuz it aint like the new dude will up and marry yo ass on Day 32, he may be just like yo first dude
33nvsyc.jpg
That nigga may wait 7 years or some shit, now you even more frustrated becuz you waited 5 on your 1st deal, now the 2nd deal it's a 7 year term
33nvsyc.jpg

But let's say, new dude makes you wait 3 years before he propose in front of yo family, So you're still waiting and now it's a total of 8 years, by then your 1st dude going into the 8 year in his contract may have put the ring on you Lol

Last edited:
I stopped subscribing to Western cultures at the top of the year

If we have a good thing going, let's keep it going
So leave your ideal relationship because you don't have a legal agreement....
Sounds dumb, what extra does marriage bring to a relationship
How long does it take for one to say it's been long enough?

Some companies state, you have to be with them for 10 years before you're invested into their retirement pool.

Why put a timeline on love though
i don't think y'all understand... if someone wants that...and places value on that......

you ain't gonna be changing their mind, you're just going to be getting your way....

she'll be resentful of it...

and that shit gonna come back...

if a couple can't see eye to eye on the topic of marriage....it's gonna be a problem.....

either both of yall gotta be happy without one, or both of yall gotta want one..

if yall disagree, it's only a matter of time before that small discussion becomes a big problem, and eventually a split....

people only stick around cuz they think the other will change their mind

i don't think y'all understand... if someone wants that...and places value on that......

you ain't gonna be changing their mind, you're just going to be getting your way....

if a couple can't see eye to eye on the topic of marriage....it's gonna be a problem.....

either both of yall gotta be happy without one, or both of yall gotta want one..

if yall disagree, it's only a matter of time before that small discussion becomes a big problem, and eventually a split....

I agree with this. This isn't a marriage debate this is a would you stay debate.

As someone who has been married, you can make it work if y'all have an understanding

Even if you try to use the old argument about kids having the she last name or whatever, that's dumb imo as well. Hyphenate that shit as keep it moving

It ain't really your last name anyway

As someone who has been married, you can make it work if y'all have an understanding

Even if you try to use the old argument about kids having the she last name or whatever, that's dumb imo as well. Hyphenate that shit as keep it moving

It ain't really your last name anyway
that was the first thing i said, if yall can't come to a compromise that both of yall are happy with......

Who cares if its a western thing or not?

some folks want to be married and if you dont want that, they have every right to leave your ass.

Yo, I think I'll feel some kind of way if a chick left me because she wants to get ready and I wasn't ready
33nvsyc.jpg

reading that doesn't even makes sense but it's a hidden thing that would make me feel a way

Shit, Like how Martin felt when Gina pressured dude into marrying him, I'll feel like him

Yo, I think I'll feel some kind of way if a chick left me because she wants to get ready and I wasn't ready
33nvsyc.jpg

reading that doesn't even makes sense but it's a hidden thing that would make me feel a way

Shit, Like how Martin felt when Gina pressured dude into marrying him, I'll feel like him
nigga who get dumped be in their feelings every day b......

you be iight.....

Back