Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Lawsuit Reveals Facebook Sold User's DMs To Netflix For $100M

test

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
Court documents unsealed on March 23 that were filed last April as part of a major anti-trust lawsuit against Meta appear to have exposed the intricate relationship between two of Silicon Valley's biggest players.

The class-action lawsuit, filed by two US citizens, Maximilian Klein and Sarah Grabert, alleged Netflix and Facebook 'enjoyed a special relationship', with the social media platform giving the streaming site 'bespoke access' to user data.

The two Silicon Valley players also agreed to 'custom partnerships and integrations that helped supercharge Facebook’s ad targeting and ranking models' from at least 2011, thanks to the personal relationship between Netflix's co-founder Reed Hastings and Facebook's founder Mark Zuckerberg.

Lawyers alleged that 'within a month' of Hastings joining Facebook's board of directors, the two companies signed an 'Inbox API' (Application Programming Interface) agreement that 'allowed Netflix programmatic access to Facebook’s user’s private message inboxes.'

Reed Hastings (pictured) joined the board of directors of Facebook in 2011

+5
View gallery
Facebook's founder Mark Zuckerberg (pictured) had a 'special relationship' with Netflix co-founder Reed Hastings

+5
View gallery

Facebook's founder Mark Zuckerberg (pictured) had a 'special relationship' with Netflix co-founder Reed Hastings
Newly unsealed court documents that were filed as part of a major anti-trust lawsuit against Meta appear to have exposed the intricate relationship between two of Silicon Valley's biggest players

+5
View gallery

Newly unsealed court documents that were filed as part of a major anti-trust lawsuit against Meta appear to have exposed the intricate relationship between two of Silicon Valley's biggest players

In exchange, Netflix would provide a report to Facebook, which changed its name to Meta in October 2021, every fortnight that showed how its own users interacted with the platform.

Meta, along with much of Silicon Valley, has been forced to pay millions of dollars in fines for the way it handles the private information of its users.

In 2022, Ireland fined Meta €265 million ($284 million) after data about more than half a billion users leaked online.

Full names, phone numbers, locations and birthdays of users who used the platform between 2018 and 2019 were leaked online by a 'bad actor' who Meta said exploited a security vulnerability.

That same year, Meta agreed to pay $725million to settle a security breach case related to Cambridge Analytica, the British social media engineering company that was brought into the limelight after its role in the Brexit vote and the 2016 presidential election was exposed.

The data firm, largely owned by billionaire Robert Mercer, improperly obtained Facebook data to build profiles on millions of voters, which was then used to sway elections across the world.

Mercer invested at least $15million in Cambridge Analytica and his daughter Rebekah was a board member of the data firm.

Facebook's former chief technology officer, Mike Schroepfer, said in 2018 that as many as 87 million Facebook users had their data improperly shared with Cambridge Analytica, 37 million more than the initial estimate of 50 million.

His successor, Andrew Bosworth, said in leaked internal memo in 2020 that the Cambridge Analytica scandal was a 'non-event', claiming: '[Cambridge Analytica] were snake oil salespeople. The tools they used didn't work, and the scale they used them at wasn't meaningful.'

Full Story:

I'm not saying companies should be allowed to violate your trust, but I personally don't believe I have any information online that I wish was private. Even information in a private message. Nothing so private that it would ruin my life. Embarrassing maybe lol.

If it's that private, it's not going online or over the phone. That's basic common sense, you don't talk in public. The internet is public.

I googled it and our data was sold when myspace was sold too. It was then sold again to an ad company lmao
FB and google the big scary ones not myspace. FB makes like all its money from info they sell to ad companies. That woman that used to work at google that went to FB & helped develop new ways to track everything abut people on the internet and off the internet.
Europe is moving 1,000 times faster than America to protect your data from companies. Yall should check this doc out, to see how much info they have of everyone that they're selling

trailers

Go to the 26 min mark on this first video. It really dives into how they collect info on you.

Last edited:
We do not care about Alphabet, Meta or Microsoft op what we care about right now is Tik Tok that's the real enemy of the state

Back