Welcome To aBlackWeb

MoeW

Lawmen: Bass Reeves comes from Executive Producer Taylor Sheridan and stars award-winning actor David Oyelowo. The series brings the story of the legendary lawman and outlaws of the Wild West to life. Reeves, known as the greatest frontier hero in American history, worked in the Post-Reconstruction era as a federal peace officer in the Indian Territory, capturing over 3,000 of the most dangerous criminals without ever being wounded.

I've been trying to figure out david oyelowo for years.

One of those dope black actors that's always working no matter how big or small the role yet he doesn't have that celebrity presence most actors with his resume would.

I wonder if that's just the way it happens to be for him or by design. Cause he's one of them ones.

Damn first Chevalier and now Bass Reeves. Some good black historical figures are finally getting looks. I always wanted this more than Hollywood trying to blackwash fictional characters in the name of diversity.

Maybe we'll get something about Eugene Bullard next.

Aight is a good description. It's kinda formulaic. Every episode has clear highs and lows. I think my problem with it is that the story would have been better suited for a movie than a series. Bass had a crazy life, and if you packed all that into two hours, you'd get a crazy ride. However, trying to stretch it out for several hour long episodes waters it down. On top of that, they add a bunch of family filler that isn't really interesting. Like I don't care about his daughter's puppy love. I don't care about his wife's love for a piano she can't play.

Back