Welcome To aBlackWeb

LaVar Ball's Big Baller Brand receives 'F' rating from Better Business Bureau

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
You will be shocked (shocked!) to learn that the Ball family’s Big Baller Brand received an ‘F’ rating from the Better Business Bureau — the worst mark possible from the 106-year-old marketplace watchdog.

After receiving more than 30 formal complaints and 40-plus negative customer reviews against precisely zero positive or neutral reviews, Better Business Bureau of Central California CEO Blair Looney revealed to TMZ Sports that the organization reached out to Big Baller Brand twice over the past two months to “resolve these issues on behalf of the consumers” and received no response.

“This is very definitely substandard normal business practices for anybody,” Looney told TMZ Sports.

LaVar Ball, the braggadocious father of Los Angeles Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball, launched Big Baller Brand in April 2017, sporting the “BBB” logo on apparel in almost every interview he’s conducted since. The company made headlines in May, when it launched a signature shoe for Lonzo at a cost of $495.

However, many of the complaints suggest customers have not received orders and cannot contact Big Baller Brand directly, despite having already been charged for merchandise. Other complaints include incorrect or partial orders, postage labels with tracking numbers that do not reflect any shipment and discontinued merchandise being replaced with alternative items with no option for a refund.

The company has a “contact us” form on its website in lieu of an email address or phone number, and many reviews complained of receiving repeated generic emails about company growth in response.

The number listed for Big Baller Brand on the Better Business Bureau’s website returns this message: “You have reached the mailbox of 909-241-4472. Sorry, that mailbox is full. Thank you for calling. Goodbye.

Here are a handful of excerpts from the reviews and complaints:

• Nov. 25, 2017: “This company does not offer refunds. I purchased two items and was told there would be a 1-2 week delay. I have been waiting six weeks now, and when I asked why it was taking so long, I was called a ‘small baller.’ At this point I believe they have decided to steal my money.”

• Nov. 27, 2017: The quality of the shirt I purchased was very poor. I followed washing instructions and the shirt [shrank] considerably … from an adult medium to a youth 10-12. The website doesn’t discuss return policy nor returns email complaints. I don’t believe in paying $65 for a shirt to be worn once.”

• Dec. 6, 2017: “This is stealing!! This company should be ashamed of themselves. GROW UP AND HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!! THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN.”

• Dec. 8, 2017: “I purchased a pair of the Big Baller Brand ZO2 WET AUTOGRAPH shoes that were advertised as Limited Availability. … The purchase is nearly $2000 … and the Big Baller Brand company has had my money for six months. My problem is that they are replacing the shoe I purchased with a different one and they are no longer limited availability since they’re still for sale on their site.”

• Dec. 20, 2017: “I’m beyond frustrated, and I absolutely will NEVER order from this company again. Their lack of professionalism is ridiculous. My son is [a] devoted fan, and this is the one gift that he was looking forward to this holiday season. It absolutely breaks my heart that I would invest my money into something only to be let down. … I would NEVER recommend them to anyone.”

• Dec. 28, 2017: “HORRIBLE! I ordered some merchandise on 12-6-17. NO updates, no order confirmation, no status. I’ve sent several emails to the ‘contact us’ page and I get nothing but a generic email. I finally had to report the charge as fraudulent and disputed the credit card charge. Three weeks this company has my money, and they cannot even provide me a courtesy of a response. DO NOT buy from this crappy site, come to think of it. It’s the DAD who runs it. NO WONDER, he’s busy saving his other criminal son instead of tending to his business. GLAD Better Bus Bureau listed the address and phone number. I intend to call and drive to CHINO HILLS tomorrow. Loser company!”

Only 10 of the 32 “closed complaints” against Big Baller Brand from the past few months listed on the Better Business Bureau’s website are qualified as resolved to the customer’s satisfaction — fewer than the 12 customers who received no response to a Better Business Bureau complaint from the company.

It is unclear whether a number of the complaints and negative reviews have been resolved in the months and days since they were published online. However, if claims are true that the company is charging customers, sending false tracking labels and failing to respond to inquiries about fraudulent business practices, it would not be surprising if legal action is taken against the Ball family as a result.

Yea. Cant defend him with this.

His antics were cool as long as the business was right, but now that he fucking his business up, its just wasted potential.

He fucked up a 2-4 mil year deal that Lonzo coulda got from a shoe company to sell people shoes that be cant deliver on.

Any reasonable business man would have taken a loss on the initial delivery if they had to just to make sure everyone got their shoes on time.

SMH @ anybody stupid enough to pay 500 bucks for those wack sneakers.

This fool screwed his son outta millions of dollars he coulda received from Nike, Adidas or Under Armor..

Pulled his minor son outta high school and withdrew his GROWN son from UCLA...

... And shipped 'em off to Lithuania.

And some of y'all STILL support this goofy bastard.

If y'all gonna support a black owned business, make sure that they at LEAST give a fuck about their customers.

Adidas has a D-..

and i read somewhere (didnt fact-check this.. so correct me if you know i'm wrong), but you can pay BBB to take your side in conflicts and shit.. so to me BBB is bullshit, if they really do take payments for ratings.

Yea. Cant defend him with this.

His antics were cool as long as the business was right, but now that he fucking his business up, its just wasted potential.

He fucked up a 2-4 mil year deal that Lonzo coulda got from a shoe company to sell people shoes that be cant deliver on.

Any reasonable business man would have taken a loss on the initial delivery if they had to just to make sure everyone got their shoes on time.
but was his business ever right?

i said this from the very beginning and nigga came at my neck for everything from "its more than one way to succeed" to "you dont know everyway about business" to him being a great father.

nigga got his kid believing education aint for athletes. then tries to sell niggas on how their kids can skip college to go to his league and again nigga support it.

nigga trying to act like he had mad offers to play over seas when he playing for the first to contact him....of course its not about money...when you stealing people money.

but i digress.

what do i know about business and fatherhood

SMH @ anybody stupid enough to pay 500 bucks for those wack sneakers.

This fool screwed his son outta millions of dollars he coulda received from Nike, Adidas or Under Armor..

Pulled his minor son outta high school and withdrew his GROWN son from UCLA...

... And shipped 'em off to Lithuania.

And some of y'all STILL support this goofy bastard.

If y'all gonna support a black owned business, make sure that they at LEAST give a fuck about their customers.
To go a step further, how about we support black businesses that also give a fuck about their own kids. I think that says a lot.

If lavar was white he'd be the next Trump
and you know how many people said trump dont know shit?

but all people saw was his money.

At least trump projected success to fool people along with talking shit.

Lavar projects being defiant and thats why people support him.

Back