Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lavar Ball- Great Father/Business man or a fool?

Lonzo Ball says hearing Alan Foster news was first time LaVar Ball started listening to him

It’s been a painful few months for the Ball family.

The news of Alan Foster’s alleged fraud that might have cost the Balls $1.5 million has led to an FBI investigation, a lawsuit, the family’s Big Baller Brand going dormant and the highly symbolic covering up of a tattoo.

Through it all, Lonzo Ball has appeared to move toward independence as his family business publicly struggles. The Los Angeles Lakers point guard laid out how the saga has felt to him during an appearance on teammate LeBron James’ HBO show The Shop on Saturday.

Lonzo Ball: Alan Foster was like ‘my second dad’
With Ball stopping by, it was only a matter of time before the show’s guests addressed the elephant in the room. What followed was some interesting perspective from Ball.

Ball opened by saying things “clicked” for him once his daughter was born, which led to a desire for more control over his own life. Cutting ties with Foster, who worked as the family’s financial manager, obviously accelerated that.

Ball was then asked if what happened with Foster hurt him, leading to a lengthy response:

I've known him since I was 12. He was like my second dad. He was way more than that, though. I bought my mom and dad a house, he had a room in there. The media sees, like, the way I feel about it was different.

That’s why I covered the BBB up on my arm. Because when I saw that, I saw him. And that s--- just made me so tight. Because when we looked at the transactions, that s--- didn't start happening until my mom got sick. Because she took care of all the money s---. So, that's what really hurt me.

That s--- hurt me. I don't even know what I would do if I see him right now. I ain't seen him. When that happened, everything just went off.

Ball’s mother Tina suffered a stroke in 2017, which left her with severe speech issues. If Foster really took that opportunity to start enriching himself with the Balls, then Lonzo would definitely have a reason to feel hurt by the former family friend.

James’ business partner Maverick Carter then asked Ball if it was hard to confront his father over what he believed Foster had done. Again, Ball paints an interesting picture:

It wasn't hard. People who see my dad in the media, that's how they see him. But me, I could tell him anything. But that's the first time I would say that I called him and he literally shut up. I would say that ... he ain't talking. He always talks. That's the first time I was like, 'No, you need to listen.'

So that was hard because that was the first time I ever told him ‘Nah, let me talk.’ He stopped, and I pulled up to the house that night, laid it out for him and we’ve been moving forward ever since.

If that’s how it went down between father and son, we might be seeing a new, Lonzo-led era of the Ball family. That might be for the best.

LaVar Ball Reportedly Plans to Expand BBB Despite Rumors of Company Folding

Big Baller Brand is not folding.

In fact, LaVar Ball plans to bring it back stronger than ever.

TMZ Sports reported the Ball family patriarch has begun making hires in an attempt to relaunch and expand the apparel brand, which appeared to be in peril after Lonzo Ball sued cofounder Alan Foster for allegedly stealing $1.5 million.

Foster was one of LaVar Ball's closest friends and business associates.

Lonzo Ball has largely disassociated himself with the company since filing the lawsuit, including covering up the Big Baller Brand logo he had tattooed on his arm. Lonzo recently discussed the situation at length during an episode of HBO's The Shop.

"When I bought my mom and dad a house, he had a room," Ball said of Foster. "The way I feel about it is different—that's why I covered up the BBB on my arm. When I saw that, I saw him. When we looked at his transactions, the s--t didn't start happening until my mom got sick. Because she took care of all the money s--t. That s--t hurt me. I don't even know what I would do if I saw him."

Lonzo Ball also said he had an open and frank conversation with LaVar about his plans to sever ties with Big Baller Brand.

"I can tell him anything," Lonzo said of LaVar. "That's the first time I called him and he literally shut up. ... I would say that. That was the first time I was like 'You need to listen.'"

While Lonzo has seemingly gone his own way from a business sense, he's yet to sign a new shoe contract. It's possible he could remain the face of the rebranded Big Baller Brand, though LaVar could just as easily use his own celebrity to continue pushing the name.

LaVar Ball says McDonald's All-American Game lost all credibility by snubbing LaMelo Ball

In January, it was announced that LaMelo Ball would not play in the McDonald’s All-American Game despite being ranked higher than several of the players that were selected in ESPN’s top 100 prospects. Suffice to say, his father, LaVar Ball, wasn’t thrilled about it.

During this week’s episode of “Ball In the Family,” LaVar said the world famous high school All-Star game lost its credibility:

They used to say “who’s who” used to play at the McDonald’s All-American. Now it ain’t the who’s who because guess what? Melo the most popular, most skilled sucka and don’t make it? Their credibility is raggedy. Back in the day they said “You somebody, you a McDonald’s All-American.” Melo finna change all that, cause now they know you don’t take the best.

Meanwhile, LaMelo’s mother Tina Ball had a pretty simple reaction to it: Trash!

LaMelo, on the other hand, said he knew it was coming:

I knew in the beginning, coming back to high school, I knew I wasn’t going to make it.

Instead, LaMelo played in LaVar’s Big Baller Brand All-American Game.

@DOS_patos it's clear you don't like this nigga or the way he handles his business.

So why are you constantly on this mans dick(nh).

They only why you getting all this info bout the man, is if you got google alerts for the man.

@DOS_patos it's clear you don't like this nigga or the way he handles his business.

So why are you constantly on this mans dick(nh).

They only why you getting all this info bout the man, is if you got google alerts for the man.
i keep up with alot of stuff.

and i do have google alerts for alot of stuff.
same with tesla , robert smith, the junior guzman trial, rkelly trial and wienstien, and many others.

you call it on his dick...i call it an update
have a good day

So we gonna skip over what lonzo recently said?

Fuck that

I'll make the thread in a few.

Such fuckery and niggas fell for it

Back