Poll Lauryn HIll vs Janet (Hill Advances)

Who U Got?

• Lauryn Hill

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Janet

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Well she's listed as a writer on all her shit so...

:shrug3:

U gotta learn how the game works b lol

If u write me a song and me as the singer says "instead of la la la we should go with da da da" , guess what? I get write credits.

For example, Dream wrote Single Ladies, but I bet u Beyonce's name is in those writing credits.

If u write me a song and me as the singer says "instead of la la la we should go with da da da" , guess what? I get write credits.

For example, Dream wrote Single Ladies, but I bet u Beyonce's name is in those writing credits.

False, Dream is credited on the single and in the online album credits. People rarely by CD's anymore, which is where most would get the booklets and read all of this info.

It's more of a "go find out on your own" type of set up now.

False, Dream is credited on the single and in the online album credits. People rarely by CD's anymore, which is where most would get the booklets and read all of this info.

It's more of a "go find out on your own" type of set up now.

Her name is in the writing credits as I thought
pfTFI6P_Rf_md76L9n5J4w.png

Reactions: Reesey
Her name is in the writing credits as I thought
pfTFI6P_Rf_md76L9n5J4w.png

Um.. I agreed with you.

You must have been saying that he wrote the "whole thing" but Beyonce is still credited. I thought you were saying he didn't receive credit at all.

Still... she did change up a few lines to suit herself.. that was enough to be credited as a writer.

Tis what it tis.

Reactions: Revolver Ocelot

Which means she wrote some part of it.

Take If I Were a Boy and Broken-Hearted Girl from the same album. Both songs were written by other people and guess WHOSE NOT listed as a writer on those songs.

Which means she wrote some part of it.

Take If I Were a Boy and Broken-Hearted Girl from the same album. Both songs were written by other people and guess WHOSE NOT listed as a writer on those songs.

Are u choosing to be ignorant?

Janet doesn't write shit. All she has to do is add a "la la la" and she has writing credit. Just like Beyonce has writing credit on Single ladies when Dream wrote the entire song.

In addition . @TheMasterKey - This aint battle rap. It has never been shunned upon to not write your own songs as a singer as it is frowned upon being a rapper.

People have been writing songs for folks for 'years'. In fact, it is more common to have someone write a song for you than it is for you to fully compose one yourself.

Even D'angelo in all his genius needed a little help at times.

If we are comparing the music of these two beauties and they BOTH had writers you now don't have that as a deciding factor on which to choose.
So... pick which one you dig the most. ;-)

Are u choosing to be ignorant?

Janet doesn't write shit. All she has to do is add a "la la la" and she has writing credit. Just like Beyonce has writing credit on Single ladies when Dream wrote the entire song.

Yeah writers love giving people credit for shit they don't write.

:disnig:

:smh:

Either way you chop, Hill is the overall most talented with the best body of work.

Janet
she has a steady and consistent career where she has been a top artist in multiple decades
multiple world tours
one of the best stage performers stage performer.....great dancer

Lauryn
arguably one of the best albums of all time
trendsetter of an entire generation of neo soul and natural young woman
amazing voice.....
great song writer....

Janet might have more albums..... but Lauryn is just the over all better artist. I like her more