Welcome To aBlackWeb

Large Professor On VladTV

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
This is an awesome interview if you can follow what LP is saying. He sounds kinda schizophrenic. He doesn't speak in full sentences and uses a ton of slang.

I can use slang when I'm hangin out with the fellas but I know how to switch back to the Queen's English.

Maybe that's why Large Professor didn't blow up like DJ Premiere, because of the way he talks. Just an observation.

This is an awesome interview if you can follow what LP is saying. He sounds kinda schizophrenic. He doesn't speak in full sentences and uses a ton of slang.

I can use slang when I'm hangin out with the fellas but I know how to switch back to the Queen's English.

Maybe that's why Large Professor didn't blow up like DJ Premiere, because of the way he talks. Just an observation.

:dfbruh: what in the entire fuck does how he talks gotta do anything.

I swear you come up THE dumbest theories on why somebody wasn't a big star.

"If Craig Mack had a car, he'd been a superstar":dfbruh:

Who cares, slim.

He's a producer, not a fuckn motivational speaker.

Yeah but when you go to board meetings at your label and/or meet with A&Rs from other labels about collaborating with an artist you have to be able to speak with proper grammar or you won't get the gig.

A lot of older (White) people can't understand slang at all, and those are the guys pulling the strings.

Personally I think it would be a good investment to pay Large Professor $1m to produce somebody's album, but in most cases you'd have to explain that to an old White guy, who would want to meet LP.

Does that make sense?

Yeah but when you go to board meetings at your label and/or meet with A&Rs from other labels about collaborating with an artist you have to be able to speak with proper grammar or you won't get the gig.

A lot of older (White) people can't understand slang at all, and those are the guys pulling the strings.

Personally I think it would be a good investment to pay Large Professor $1m to produce somebody's album, but in most cases you'd have to explain that to an old White guy, who would want to meet LP.

Does that make sense?

No.

Cuz it's a rapper trying get a beat from a producer or vice versa.

Not a damn Fortune 500 company merger.

@5 Grand

Why are you acting like you never heard Pro rap? You do know that he got like 6 or 7 solo albums? Dude can rap besides produce. And when he rapped he did it coherently.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever heard him speak.

Some people come off really articulate when they speak, others, not so much.

No way LP is talking hip hop 'slang' in a hip hop interview??? I doubt at his wedding when they said 'do you take MRS LP to be your lawfully wedded wife' he said 'word son'...

LP is hit the nail on the head when Vlad asked him about what made him think Nas was gonna become big, with regards to lyrics like 'I sip the Don P/watching Gandhi' and 'when I was young I was a fan of the Jackson 5' etc thats dope observation...

Wait... Hold up...... What in thee hell? Shit, you serious. I thought a person like you would know.

At least you aint fakin the funk

giphy.gif

i agree with what you saying 5 grand. i see it. its not so much that he is not speaking in complete sentences its that if you look at nas and prodigy and cormega and others from the bridge speak once they got to be 40+ they all sounded smarter and more intelligent than large P sounds here. he still sounds like an 19 year old from 1996.

Back