Kvng Guap listens to 90’s hip hop songs for the first time

5th Letter

Mod Squad
Jan 22, 2017
Teenager on YouTube listens to classic 90’s and early 00’s hip hop songs for the first time and gives reactions to them. I think this is dope.

Reactions: Chicity
I like his reviews and the fact he giving them an honest listen

It’s easy to see how if you’re weren't around for the things mentioned and really know what’s going on how it affects a person

His review of ether is funny to me

Reactions: Achewon87
Reminds me of myself going through my big cousins book bag full of tapes way back when.

my older sister and her husband had a huge ass collection

I would just sit there in front of the book case with the walkman any time I was there

tried to listen to everything one by one

He rare breed

This generation just wanna hear pop hip-hop. Rappers singing off key and doing dances and using bass production and promoting molly and lean

Damn this shit brought back memories.

I can never forget the first time I heard NY state of mind. It was 2003, I was a freshman in high school and was just starting to explore hip hop.

I remember downloading and burning illmatic to a CD and just leaving it there. Then one day I was home from school and it was raining hard as fuck so I put the illmatic CD in my player and go chill on the porch. Man when the beat came on to NY state of mind and I heard Nas go "rappers I monkey flip them" my mind was blown. I put the shit on repeat and didnt even hear any other songs off illmatic that day cause I listened to NY state of mind till I slept.

Its one of the most vivid memories I have of listening to songs for the first time. Some other ones I remember that vividly that blew my mind was Talib Kwelis The Rush, the whole 36 Chambers album, hearing Canibus for the first time, and Death is Certain by Royce. It was all during that time frame too. Freshman to Sophmore year.

I can never forget the first time I heard NY state of mind. It was 2003, I was a freshman in high school and was just starting to explore hip hop.

I remember downloading and burning illmatic to a CD and just leaving it there. Then one day I was home from school and it was raining hard as fuck so I put the illmatic CD in my player and go chill on the porch. Man when the beat came on to NY state of mind and I heard Nas go "rappers I monkey flip them" my mind was blown. I put the shit on repeat and didnt even hear any other songs off illmatic that day cause I listened to NY state of mind till I slept.

Its one of the most vivid memories I have of listening to songs for the first time. Some other ones I remember that vividly that blew my mind was Talib Kwelis The Rush, the whole 36 Chambers album, hearing Canibus for the first time, and Death is Certain by Royce. It was all during that time frame too. Freshman to Sophmore year.

Same I was in my first year of big boy school, downloaded all the discographies of the rappers I'd heard were dope Nas, Jig, Big, Wu etc. I could hear straight away why Illmatic was rated so highly and NY stayed on my lil 32mb mp3 player from the day I got it

I still remember the first time I heard Illmatic. I had to be about 14. This was back in 1999. At the time I was mostly listening to Cash Money and No Limit shit....I didn't really listen to alot of East Coast Hip Hop. I then heard "Nas Is Like" and it changed the way I listened to Hip Hop. I started digesting the lyrics and be came hypnotized by the shit. I went and stole the I Am album from the son of my mother's friend and I couldn't believe the content of that album. I instantly became a fan and so did my brother who was 11 at the time. When then went to a family reunion in Atlanta and we stopped at this mall. My brother bought Illmatic and when we got back home to Detroit and popped the CD in, we were fuckin astonished. The first time I heard N.Y. State of Mind was like seeing titties in person for the first time.

This lead to me going back and finding a bunch of gems and classics......

The quality, variety and depth of 90s Hip Hop will never be matched. It's sad.

Teenager on YouTube listens to classic 90’s and early 00’s hip hop songs for the first time and gives reactions to them. I think this is dope.

Well he's actually listening to 1980s and 90s rap songs not 00s really which he's lived through. Also these aren't all the first time of him listening to these certain songs. The majority of them are ones people recommend to him or Classics he's heard before and does a review on them.