Kobe Bryant was ranked below Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Duncan, and Magic Johnson in a list of the top 50 NBA players of all time

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
Mar 14, 2018
Whitehorse Gardens
Kobe Bryant was ranked 14th in a list of the 50 greatest NBA players of all time, behind Shaquille O'Neal (sixth), Tim Duncan (seventh), and Magic Johnson (fourth).

The list, published by Bleacher Report, also ranked the former Los Angeles Lakers guard behind Stephen Curry (10th).

"Kobe had a whopping 17 seasons in which he played 500-plus minutes, had a usage percentage of at least 25 and posted an above-average box plus/minus," Bleacher Report's Andy Bailey said of Bryant, who retired in 2016.

And they're right.

The ONLY spot that questionable is Shaq.....and I say this loosely.

Just remember: 3 of the 5 rings Kobe got Shaq's name on the MVP. That ain't for no reason.

Tip 10 goes like this:

1) Kareem or Mike (depends on your preference)
2) Kareem or Mike
3) Magic
4) Duncan
5) Bron
6) Bird
7) Shaq
8) Kobe
9) Russell
10) Oscar or Hakeem

If we're talking about pure talent, then Kobe is definitely Top 10. If we're talking about the ability to be put on a team and play good team ball then I can see how he might slip. AI not being on the list at all is kinda crazy, but I guess by the same argument I can see it. AI, as good a player as he was, was not someone you could just plug on a team and expect success. You kinda either had to build a team around him or luck up and find a team that needed his particular abilities.

All them so call team ball nigga got no rings.. It's about ability dominance and chips it ain't about people preference for how they played the game.

equivalent to a top 50 rappers list from a magazine

popularity, image, public relation, etc all come before anything

they always hated AI, he wasnt a friendly media guy.....kobe had the rape case

they'll probably never give Kawhi his full credit....unless he starts doing talk shows and public events

same with Dame