Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 06-21-24

Kinds of Kindness

Watching this movie was like watching 3 raunchier, beyond quirkt and head scratching episodes of The Twilight Zone and at times that worked for me . I praise all of the actors including : Emma Stone, Jesse Plemons, Willem Dafoe, Margaret Qualley, Hong Chau, Mamoudou Athie, Joe Alwyn for truly giving their all in the 3 oddball stories. I did enjoy a lot of the crazy visuals and the beyond dark humor placed in each story. I liked that i was thrown off by something that i thought a character was talking about or referring to. Some parts are about love and dedication and being able to tell what's happening to your loved one, other parts are about the limits of love and dedication and giving into dedication even though it could lead to something sinister. Director: Yorgos Lanthimos takes some "real" life situations and puts crazy spins on them which helped me to not get completely lost in some of the story threads.Where the movie falters for me is how robotic it is at times without any real emotion coming from the characters or performances. This movie is definitely not for everyone but if you are looking for something different this is the one.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

Back