Welcome To aBlackWeb

Killer Mike Advice To Kids "You Owe It To Your Parents To Dream Practical Not Big"

It’s facts, basically because the truth to a lot of kids is that their parents were lied to didn’t realize till it was too late. They chased water falls that ended up with them doing a poor job of being parents, just like their parents were to them but in a different way.

So now yall gotta be the bloodlines saviors by doing a very simple thing. Becoming the foundation on which your bloodline rises from.

Find something that you can do that makes money but still gives you the ability to be there for your kids in person and not just in spirit and financially. Work through differences with you spouse or ex.

Live a basic life so that grand life can spring from the foundation you begin. Ain’t your fault that everyone else fucked up, but it is now your responsibility. Claim it or don’t, but that’s how you break generational curses. It aint for everyone tho, that’s why history remembers the greats

How old are my kids?

Dont tell my 6 year old to dream practical.

Tell my 16 year old that wants to go to school for art to be smart and get into STEM.

How old are my kids?

Dont tell my 6 year old to dream practical.

Tell my 16 year old that wants to go to school for art to be smart and get into STEM.

Shit we need more people studying the arts and non STEM fields. Half the reason people can't communicate for shit now and people can't create anything new. The shit was plain to see during the past few years with how people had no clue how to actually talk to people and explain shit

Last edited:
Shit we need more people studying the arts and non STEM fields. Half the reason people can't communicate for shit now and people can't create anything new. The shit was plane to see during the past few years with how people had no clue how to actually talk to people and explain shit
Thats fine bro, and I dont disagree.

I still rather my kids be in a field that pays the bills. Let someone else communicate and build new shit.

I been around folks with degrees and their salary lower than their student loans.

I dont disagree at all with what you said, but I just dont want that for my kids.

Thats fine bro, and I dont disagree.

I still rather my kids be in a field that pays the bills. Let someone else communicate and build new shit.

I been around folks with degrees and their salary lower than their student loans.

I dont disagree at all with what you said, but I just dont want that for my kids.

It doesn't have to be one or the other. People can and should be well rounded. Whats the point in a STEM education if you can't actually use it or explain what you know?

It doesn't have to be one or the other. People can and should be well rounded. Whats the point in a STEM education if you can't actually use it or explain what you know?
This is two different things. Gen Ed is to teach you how to be a productive member of society. Then your core degree classes is supposed to prepare you for your career.

Usually in college, its 60 credits of gen ed, and 60 of core.

If you saying gen ed isnt enough and needs to change I agree.

In theory a person with a Stem degree has 60 credits of philosophy, society, morality, public speaking etc classes.

On top of, now you get into your core classes. And for my kids I rather those be classes thatll help them land a 6 figure job.

No one said their whole college cirriculum should be STEM. Thats not how it is currently and not how it should be.

My wish for my kids would be to take programming classes outside of their gen ed instead of art theory.

Thats because after growing up broke and being broke in my early 20s, i dont want that for my kids. You free to want different for yours.

Killer Mike isn’t totally off-base.

Yeah, it’s good to dream big, but they also have to be realistic. Push school, especially in this economy, which is only going to get worse.

It’s not fair to demand parents to support kids wanting to be astronauts but they are in 6th grade with a 2nd grade reading level. The disconnect is VERY wrong here.

It’s also ridiculous to push parents to throw TENS of thousands on AAU leagues and coaches when the kid is 5’9” and would rather learn music instead of try to be a baller.

Back