Welcome To aBlackWeb

kanye has his n____a wakeup call.

The former party of the slave owners still wants us as slaves to government handouts and dismantling the Black/minority family in any way it can.
The current party of intolerance hates us and wants all people of color dead, imprisoned, or sent back to our home countries. Any of those will do.

Either way you look at it we're screwed fuckin with either party.

It's not really accurate to call the Democrats the former party of slave owners considering the shift after the civil rights bill was signed. I also don't agree that welfare = slavery or that welfare is even a black people thing considering how many white people (typically republican) use and abuse the welfare system.

Even with that, the other side of your comparison says "The current party of intolerance hates us and wants all people of color dead, imprisoned, or sent back to our home countries." - that's alone should make it clear that this isn't really a 1 to 1 comparison.

If the Republicans are the enemies of black people, and since the democrats are the friends of black people, what are they doing to help black people against the evil tyranny of the republicans?

It's not really accurate to call the Democrats the former party of slave owners considering the shift after the civil rights bill was signed. I also don't agree that welfare = slavery or that welfare is even a black people thing considering how many white people (typically republican) use and abuse the welfare system.

Even with that, the other side of your comparison says "The current party of intolerance hates us and wants all people of color dead, imprisoned, or sent back to our home countries." - that's alone should make it clear that this isn't really a 1 to 1 comparison.

Who cares how many white people are on welfare? Doesn't matter. Welfare destroyed our communities and family units for decades. Quit with the white people do it too. They are making out just fine.

If the Republicans are the enemies of black people, and since the democrats are the friends of black people, what are they doing to help black people against the evil tyranny of the republicans?

Wrong question.

What are doing we doing as black Republicans/Democrats/Non-Party

Only way shit gon change is if we change it

Who cares how many white people are on welfare? Doesn't matter. Welfare destroyed our communities and family units for decades. Quit with the white people do it too. They are making out just fine.

That's all you got out of my post? Ok please tell me how welfare in particular destroyed our communities and family units. Feel free to ignore slavery, jim crow, systemic racism in general, redlining, unfair hiring practices, voter disenfranchisement, old boys clubs and so on and let me know how making sure poor people don't starve to death is a terrible thing.

That's all you got out of my post? Ok please tell me how welfare in particular destroyed our communities and family units. Feel free to ignore slavery, jim crow, systemic racism in general, redlining, unfair hiring practices, voter disenfranchisement, old boys clubs and so on and let me know how making sure poor people don't starve to death is a terrible thing.

Well you can start off with the fact that in the late 60s to early 70s you had to declare that no man was in the home. Then as the 70s progressed to the 80s you had to list your childs father as unknown or pursue a child support case in order to get benefits. Bet you know a lot of people with a blank instead of a father on their birth certificate. Etc. Etc. Destroy the family unit and you destroy the community.

The shift happened with Ronald Regan some 16 years after the passage of the Civil Rights bill.

Either way: "Whether you vote for the lesser of two evils, you vote for evil..." - KRS ONE

Well you can start off with the fact that in the late 60s to early 70s you had to declare that no man was in the home. Then as the 70s progressed to the 80s you had to list your childs father as unknown or pursue a child support case in order to get benefits. Bet you know a lot of people with a blank instead of a father on their birth certificate. Etc. Etc. Destroy the family unit and you destroy the community.

Fair enough. But that was a system put in place with the idea that if there was an able-bodied man in the house that he should be working and providing for the family. It was a short-sighted rule that had blowback partially due to the fact that racism plays a huge part in black employment but also due to the fact that some people discovered the loophole that as long as you're an unmarried woman you still qualify for assitance. I don't think it was an insidious plot it just had unforeseen results.

The shift happened with Ronald Regan some 16 years after the passage of the Civil Rights bill.

Either way: "Whether you vote for the lesser of two evils, you vote for evil..." - KRS ONE

KRS ONE is the GOAT as far as I'm concerned and I used to say the exact same quote when I was younger. But in the real world you can have "I want you dead or enslaved" evil or "I want your vote and will pander to you when it's convenient" evil and those aren't the same. One of those you can work with and the other doesn't give two shits about you regardless of the circumstances.

KRS ONE is the GOAT as far as I'm concerned and I used to say the exact same quote when I was younger. But in the real world you can have "I want you dead or enslaved" evil or "I want your vote and will pander to you when it's convenient" evil and those aren't the same. One of those you can work with and the other doesn't give two shits about you regardless of the circumstances.

It's just two different ways to go about your extermination. One is more direct, the other destroys you over time.

It's just two different ways to go about your extermination. One is more direct, the other destroys you over time.

LOL - I'll take the slow one please.

Also the parties switched long before Reagan. The only reason Carter got southern votes the first time was because he was a farmer from the south. That piece of shit Ronald Reagan played politics to keep American citizens held hostage in Iran in exchange for weapons (funded by flooding our neighborhoods with crack) so he could win the election.

But some people @babelpiss will say welfare is what ruined the black family.

LOL - I'll take the slow one please.

Also the parties switched long before Reagan. The only reason Carter got southern votes the first time was because he was a farmer from the south. That piece of shit Ronald Reagan played politics to keep American citizens held hostage in Iran in exchange for weapons (funded by flooding our neighborhoods with crack) so he could win the election.

But some people @babelpiss will say welfare is what ruined the black family.

Welfare was instituted 20 years before the crack epidemic. It was easy pickings considering the fact that they had rendered the black male as unimportant to the black family structure. Sad. And it was your buddies the national democratic party who you say didn't do it on purpose. It was just "unforeseen results". Wrong. They knew what they were doing. Familiar ties are a basic human need. Break those up and you have the upper hand. That is why slavery was "successful". You never knew when your family would be sold off or broke up. It was left to the mercy of the slave masters. That's how you break a person's spirit and resistance.

Welfare was instituted 20 years before the crack epidemic. It was easy pickings considering the fact that they had rendered the black male as unimportant to the black family structure. Sad. And it was your buddies the national democratic party who you say didn't do it on purpose. It was just "unforeseen results". Wrong. They knew what they were doing. Familiar ties are a basic human need. Break those up and you have the upper hand. That is why slavery was "successful". You never knew when your family would be sold off or broke up. It was left to the mercy of the slave masters. That's how you break a person's spirit and resistance.

Ok since I allowed you to add the weird stipulation of ignoring white people altogether can you do me the same courtesy and stop bringing up slavery comparisons when talking about social assistance? Plenty of countries have have social assistance without a background of slavery or institutional racism. Also "welfare" was created as a response to the Great Depression. It had nothing to do with black people specifically and if you think you can convince me that the goal of welfare programs was to break apart black families you're as foolish as you must think I am.

Yo I'm dying laughing right now.

We have had actual Nazis in the white house in the past couple years and you smart dumb niggas are like "You know what's really holding black people back? Public assistance!"

I can't talk to you anymore.

The most common argument from hoteps and etc against welefare is that it forced dads put the house because it was assumed if he was working they wouldnt need welefare. But we all know racism kept us poor and we probably needed welefare even if both parents worked. I dont think govt aid forced men out the house at all. I mean that lil bit of money aint enough to kick out a whole income.

Back