Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kamala Harris running for President in 2020

Let's just go off the facts with this lady:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/opinion/kamala-harris-criminal-justice.html

Consider her record as San Francisco’s district attorney from 2004 to 2011. Ms. Harris was criticized in 2010 for withholding information about a police laboratory technician who had been accused of “intentionally sabotaging” her work and stealing drugs from the lab. After a memo surfaced showing that Ms. Harris’s deputies knew about the technician’s wrongdoing and recent conviction, but failed to alert defense lawyers, a judge condemned Ms. Harris’s indifference to the systemic violation of the defendants’ constitutional rights.

Ms. Harris contested the ruling by arguing that the judge, whose husband was a defense attorney and had spoken publicly about the importance of disclosing evidence, had a conflict of interest. Ms. Harris lost. More than 600 cases handled by the corrupt technician were dismissed.

In 2014, she declined to take a position on Proposition 47, a ballot initiative approved by voters, that reduced certain low-level felonies to misdemeanors. She laughed that year when a reporter asked if she would support the legalization of marijuana for recreational use. Ms. Harris finally reversed course in 2018, long after public opinion had shifted on the topic.

That case is not an outlier. Ms. Harris also fought to keep Daniel Larsen in prison on a 28-year-to-life sentence for possession of a concealed weapon even though his trial lawyer was incompetent and there was compelling evidence of his innocence. Relying on a technicality again, Ms. Harris argued that Mr. Larsen failed to raise his legal arguments in a timely fashion. (This time, she lost.)

Consider her record as San Francisco’s district attorney from 2004 to 2011. Ms. Harris was criticized in 2010 for withholding information about a police laboratory technician who had been accused of “intentionally sabotaging” her work and stealing drugs from the lab. After a memo surfaced showing that Ms. Harris’s deputies knew about the technician’s wrongdoing and recent conviction, but failed to alert defense lawyers, a judge condemned Ms. Harris’s indifference to the systemic violation of the defendants’ constitutional rights.

Ms. Harris contested the ruling by arguing that the judge, whose husband was a defense attorney and had spoken publicly about the importance of disclosing evidence, had a conflict of interest. Ms. Harris lost. More than 600 cases handled by the corrupt technician were dismissed.

In 2014, she declined to take a position on Proposition 47, a ballot initiative approved by voters, that reduced certain low-level felonies to misdemeanors. She laughed that year when a reporter asked if she would support the legalization of marijuana for recreational use. Ms. Harris finally reversed course in 2018, long after public opinion had shifted on the topic.

That case is not an outlier. Ms. Harris also fought to keep Daniel Larsen in prison on a 28-year-to-life sentence for possession of a concealed weapon even though his trial lawyer was incompetent and there was compelling evidence of his innocence. Relying on a technicality again, Ms. Harris argued that Mr. Larsen failed to raise his legal arguments in a timely fashion. (This time, she lost.)
THESE are the things she should be under fire for

not if she was smoking weed in college while listening to tupac and snoop

Kamala Harris' Jamaican father rips her for pushing pot stereotype 'in pursuit of identity politics'

When Sen. Kamala Harris said last week that she obviously supports marijuana legalization and has smoked the plant, she cited her ethnicity — “Half my family’s from Jamaica. Are you kidding me?”

Her Jamaican father is not happy about that.

In a statement to Jamaica Global Online, Donald Harris called his daughter’s remarks a “travesty” and accused her of stereotyping.

“My dear departed grandmother … as well as my deceased parents, must be turning in their grave right now to see their family’s name, reputation and proud Jamaican identity being connected, in any way, jokingly or not with the fraudulent stereotype of a pot-smoking joy seeker and in the pursuit of identity politics,” he said.

“Speaking for myself and my immediate Jamaican family, we wish to categorically dissociate ourselves from this travesty,” Mr. Harris, an economics professor at Stanford University, concluded in a statement to the news site for the Jamaican diaspora.

Jamaica Global fretted that the remarks by Ms. Harris — an early front-runner for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination — could fuel stereotypes of Jamaicans and cited U.S. news outlets’ headlines and columnists using the image.

“For some, it is more than mere unease; one Jamaican commenting on social media expressed the concern that ‘soon my job will be singling me out to drug test me since I am from Jamaica. What a stereotype.’ Her concern is not unfounded given the experience of Jamaicans travelling to US ports having sniffer dogs around them in customs halls,” Jamaica Global wrote.

Jamaica Global also noted the “ironic twist” that while Ms. Harris‘ father is Jamaican, her mother is from India, and that the practice of using marijuana as a mild hallucinogenic drug was Indian and brought to Jamaica when both nations were British colonies.

Marijuana was “popularized by Indian indentured immigrants who began to arrive from 1845. The local name ‘ganja’ is Indian. The concept of ganja as a holy herb is a Hindu one,” historian Oliver Senior wrote, according to Jamaica Global.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/feb/19/kamala-harris-jamaican-father-donald-harris-rips-2/

You're not lying. I was telling people on this board weeks ago the same thing about her sorry ass. Her pops just denounced her.

Hell people think Bernie is a good choice and he's not considering that he said that "black reparations are unfeasible" but when it came for the same thing for the Jewish community, he was with it. He has NO black agenda either.

You're not lying. I was telling people on this board weeks ago the same thing about her sorry ass. Her pops just denounced her.

Hell people think Bernie is a good choice and he's not considering that he said that "black reparations are unfeasible" but when it came for the same thing for the Jewish community, he was with it. He has NO black agenda either.

Apples and oranges man. The fact that we gave Holocaust survivors anything is bullshit considering the US is not the country that put them through that. However, the relative chump change given out in that case is nothing compared to what people expect for black reparations. Ya'll gotta stop with these false equivalences.

Are any of yall kind of just over this whole process. I feel every choice is trash. Like i fell for the Obama shit and now im disillusioned with American politics
But u live here fam disillusioned or not ....u have a responsibility in this process

Apples and oranges man. The fact that we gave Holocaust survivors anything is bullshit considering the US is not the country that put them through that. However, the relative chump change given out in that case is nothing compared to what people expect for black reparations. Ya'll gotta stop with these false equivalences.

There was nothing false in what I said. This happened.

You best believe considering that our ancestors BUILT this country while in bondage, African-Americans are OWED A TON MORE.

There was nothing false in what I said. This happened.

You best believe considering that our ancestors BUILT this country while in bondage, African-Americans are OWED A TON MORE.

lol You're making my point. What they gave the Jews was chump change compared to what AAs are owed, so the "they can give it to the Jews, but not us" complaint doesn't make sense. That's like saying "how can you give someone a hundred dollar bill but not give someone else a million dollars?"

lol You're making my point. What they gave the Jews was chump change compared to what AAs are owed, so the "they can give it to the Jews, but not us" complaint doesn't make sense. That's like saying "how can you give someone a hundred dollar bill but not give someone else a million dollars?"

Ok I misunderstood. We good. LOL

No no no. Get money the fuck out of politics. We can't match corporations and billionaires when it comes to funneling money to politicians. We shouldn't be supporting anyone who is taking legal bribes.

Bernie and Obama got almost all their money from small donations during their initial campaigns.

Either do things that benefit black people or no vote. That Donald Trump scare tactic don’t work.

Yeah, it might be painful......but we're already at the bottom of the totem pole, so we really don't have anything to lose.

Shouldn't be like this, but I think we need a certain percentage of each party in power so that they cancel each other out.

Enough Democrats so that the Republicans don't mess up healthcare, social security, medicare, etc.

Enough Republicans to stop all the crazy progressive shit the Democrats wanna implement.

Basically, the DNC needs to learn that they can't take our vote for granted anymore.

Tired of giving them my vote just so they can push policies to benefit LGBTs and illegals.

Back