Justin Timberlake apologizes to Britney Spears and Janet Jackson

Y’all want everybody to be racist.

JT ain’t racist. He a artist that has some soul to him so y’all saying he stealing culture.

WuTang ain’t racist even though they used Japanese/Chinese cultures. Some shit just fit for folks.
For me the issue was not that JT blatantly did anything racists, but because of his ignorance he couldnt see that his white male privalege would clear his path with others as collateral damage. So his environment (pro JT people, the machine) and nature (white man in america) allowed systematic racism to punish Janet and Brittney because White Male Privlege(?) doesnt give a fuck about their women either. Thats the systematic racism thats the issue. Its hard to feel compassion when you top of the charts. Everyone else did the dirt and he was as clean as platinum.

He always been a pop musician besides a few songs that he did with black artists. Again. They did songs with him. Respected artist.

And as far as putting people on. That means nothing to me. He never disrespected the culture IMO.

He’s nothing like Miley Cirus IMO.

I have a big problem with a lot of white folks, blacks and Latinos with some of the music they make that don’t represent where they come from.

I’m not defending JT. I just see the disrespect to black music

For me the issue was not that JT blatantly did anything racists, but because of his ignorance he couldnt see that his white male privalege would clear his path with others as collateral damage. So his environment (pro JT people, the machine) and nature (white man in america) allowed systematic racism to punish Janet and Brittney because White Male Privlege(?) doesnt give a fuck about their women either. Thats the systematic racism thats the issue. Its hard to feel compassion when you top of the charts. Everyone else did the dirt and he was as clean as platinum.
They can see and understand their privilege

Janet and JT was all in on that stunt they pulled.

but it was her titty. So he backed out the limelight to not get dragged down like all folks do.

JT and her both stuck to the story it was an accident. They both should have came out and said it was plan but they stuck to their story. He didn’t tell her to do. He agree to be part of but shouldn’t get blame because it’s her titty.

And that shit wasSpears? She cheated on dude so he don’t have to give a fuck about her in no way.

tenor (8).gif

He always been a pop musician besides a few songs that he did with black artists. Again. They did songs with him. Respected artist.

And as far as putting people on. That means nothing to me. He never disrespected the culture IMO.

He’s nothing like Miley Cirus IMO.

I have a big problem with a lot of white folks, blacks and Latinos with some of the music they make that don’t represent where they come from.

I’m not defending JT. I just see the disrespect to black music

fair enough.. just a difference of opinion.

I'm curious how you see Miley different from him though

Reactions: JohnSmithCAN

Not showing support for the both woman and family representatives of a musical culture that helped you getting on top, IS lack of consideration and direspect to the culture.

People makes culture. You don't respect people while still appreciating their culture, then you're just either a hypocrite or a vulture.

Reactions: Phillykingransom
Justin Timberlake isn't as bad or far gone as Miley Cyrus was who became basically a white version of a minstrel show but he definitely benefited from his association with and acceptance from Black audiences even going back to his Nysnc days. He always made it a point to talk about his love for R&B music, their influence on his work and how he admired the genre and wanted his music to be seen as more R&B/Soulful than just straight up Pop music like he was doing in Nsync. So yeah he does owe something back to the crowd that heavily helped elevate his career. He wasn't doing songs with Timbaland and Three 6 Mafia for props from white folks. He did that to get a look from Black folks

Justin Timberlake isn't as bad or far gone as Miley Cyrus was who became basically a white version of a minstrel show but he definitely benefited from his association with and acceptance from Black audiences even going back to his Nysnc days. He always made it a point to talk about his love for R&B music, their influence on his work and how he admired the genre and wanted his music to be seen as more R&B/Soulful than just straight up Pop music like he was doing in Nsync. So yeah he does owe something back to the crowd that heavily helped elevate his career. He wasn't doing songs with Timbaland and Three 6 Mafia for props from white folks. He did that to get a look from Black folks

Get their asses!!

Maybe I'm thinking of something else...but I could've swore he already admitted to and apologized for this shit years ago.

I'm still not understanding why he had to apologize for doing a song about her cheating on him... like most R&B singers don't do this... Usher, MJB etc

Can someone explain what JT did that was wrong to a mfer who didnt watch the doc and doesnt follow him or britney?

Reactions: Dwayne