Welcome To aBlackWeb

Joe Budden vs Melle Mel

Who Should Be Ranked Higher?

• Joe Budden

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Melle Mel

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
5 Grand, you’re the only human on this planet that says Joe Budden has a classic album nobody who breathes air knows him for anything but cringe takes, beating women & pump it up.

5 Grand, you’re the only human on this planet that says Joe Budden has a classic album nobody who breathes air knows him for anything but cringe takes, beating women & pump it up.

I never said Joe Budden has a classic album.

I said, Melle Mel and Joe Budden have the same number of classic albums

Unless Melle is being mentioned in the Top 3 then this ain't even up for debate

A couple of you disrespectful niggas lowkey earned some e-beef today...... shots will be fired soon

If you compare Melle Mel's best song to Joe Budden's best song they're not even in the same league.

Grandmaster Flash & There Furious 5 were the best Rap group from 1979-1984 until Run DMC took over.

This was before rappers and rap groups released albums. Run DMC, Whodini and The Fat Boys (all managed by Russell Simmons) were the first to release proper Rap albums in 1984. Prior to that, Rap albums had R&B songs and ballads because nobody thought there was an audience for all rap albums.

So Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5 released a handful of classic 12" singles, appeared on Soul Train, toured the nation, and made platinum records before 1984 when Rap albums became common. So they never released a proper album in their prime. But they released a handful of 12" singles where Melle Mel was basically the lead rapper.

Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5 were the most popular and best rap group from 1979-1984. Melle Mel himself released a handful of solo records from 1982-1984

Joe Budden was never at the top of the food chain. There was never a time in history where Joe Budden had a 2-3 year run where he was dropping hot singles. Joe Budden never won a grammy or had a platinum record. Joe Budden was never acknowledged by the industry as a GOAT.

There's no reason that Joe Budden should be listed in the top 50 over Melle Mel.

The list is wrong.

f you only know budden for pump it up and not none of the freestyles or mood muziks. I gotta question your ear. You clearly only like mainstream what ever the masses say if hot music.

No…..I don’t know any of Joe Buddens freestyles or mixtapes not because I only listen to mainstream….it’s simply because👇🏾

I dont like Joe Budden

Back