Who Should Be Ranked Higher?

• Joe Budden

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Melle Mel

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
Lol who’s solo music have you heard more in the past 20 years

The Message does not count

Here I thought Joe Budden randomly started a beef with Melle Mel. Only @5 Grand, I swear.

I always said Melle Mel doesn't belong on the GOAT list, he is the list. He is the role reason anyone wants to rap today. However... when we do talk about GOATs, we don't talk about Joe Budden's run. In hip hop, especially as of recently, mixtapes should be factored in the same way albums are... if not more. They're not contractual obligations for a label so there's more creative freedom for an emcee to test their skills. Joe objectively has some of the best music scattered across those mixtapes. As far as the Mel comparison, like most emcees Joe's mixtape run outlasted F5's entire lifespan. He deserves way more credit as a GOAT.

@5 Grand, Mel has one solo album, a cpl collab albums, and a bunch of songs throughout the years you can compile into maybe 2 albums. He got some work out there beyond F5.

Here I thought Joe Budden randomly started a beef with Melle Mel. Only @5 Grand, I swear.

I always said Melle Mel doesn't belong on the GOAT list, he is the list. He is the role reason anyone wants to rap today. However... when we do talk about GOATs, we don't talk about Joe Budden's run. In hip hop, especially as of recently, mixtapes should be factored in the same way albums are... if not more. They're not contractual obligations for a label so there's more creative freedom for an emcee to test their skills. Joe objectively has some of the best music scattered across those mixtapes. As far as the Mel comparison, like most emcees Joe's mixtape run outlasted F5's entire lifespan. He deserves way more credit as a GOAT.

@5 Grand, Mel has one solo album, a cpl collab albums, and a bunch of songs throughout the years you can compile into maybe 2 albums. He got some work out there beyond F5.

If you took away everything Joe Budden contributed to Hip Hop, Hip Hop would be the same.

Joe Budden doesn't belong on the list instead of Melle Mel. That's preposterous.

Back