Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jeezy Explains How Things Went Left After Word Got Out That He Owned ‘One Of The Nicest Steakhouses’ In Atlanta

Nah…

Then negros woulda been calling him a coon and a sellout.

Accusing him of excluding his own people.

It’s a no-win situation.

You’re right, though.
How if they don't know he owns it?

Edit: I'm not gonna delete this but I reread and agree with you

Dam didnt know high class only means ONLY wypipo... learn something new everyday
Come on, stop trying to be politically correct. We are in America, and black people are the poorest, thats the sad reality of things. So if you open a high end steak restaurant in ATL, that leads the nation with the highest wealth inequality for blacks, it damn sure isnt just for POC.
Killer Mike can call ATL Wakanda all he fucking wants, but just cause some successful black professionals, athlete's and entertainers call it home, doesnt mean they represent all the black people in that city. IDC how big Tyler Perrys house gets, that doesnt mean everyone is getting money like that.

Black Atlantans continue to be left out of the city’s economic success of the past several years, with inequities only exacerbated by inflation. Atlanta has led the nation’s inequality for at least a decade.​

Atlanta has the highest income inequality among large U.S. cities, according to recent data from the United States Census Bureau. Driving much of Atlanta’s income inequality, experts say, is the city’s entrenched racial disparities which took root generations ago.
Even as the city continues to prosper, many Black Atlantans in particular have been left out of its economic success story of the past several years, they add. The persistent economic struggles have been exacerbated by general inflation, especially rising food and gas prices, which are hitting lower-income residents hard.

Atlanta continues to benefit from strong economic growth, as does Georgia. The metro area has 17 of the state’s 19 Fortune 500 companies, according to the list published earlier this year. And the state continues to rank among the most attractive in the country to do business.

But many Black residents are not seeing the benefits of this success, said Janelle Williams, co-founder of the Atlanta Wealth Building Initiative. The median household income for a Black family in Atlanta is $28,000, while the median income for white families is roughly $84,000. Overall, Black residents account for half of the city’s population.

Within Atlanta, the wealth gap often can be seen in stark geographic terms. Buckhead, in the north, is majority-white and among the city’s wealthiest areas. Thomasville Heights, in southeast Atlanta, is majority Black and among the city’s poorest neighborhoods, according to Census data.

Come on, stop trying to be politically correct. We are in America, and black people are the poorest, thats the sad reality of things. So if you open a high end steak restaurant in ATL, that leads the nation with the highest wealth inequality for blacks, it damn sure isnt just for POC.
Killer Mike can call ATL Wakanda all he fucking wants, but just cause some successful black professionals, athlete's and entertainers call it home, doesnt mean they represent all the black people in that city. IDC how big Tyler Perrys house gets, that doesnt mean everyone is getting money like that.

Real question.
Not trying to fight.

What’s your solution to the wealth gap?
You feel a way, and that’s cool.
What can narrow that gap?

Real question.
Not trying to fight.

What’s your solution to the wealth gap?
You feel a way, and that’s cool.
What can narrow that gap?
Only solution it to is to organize and vote like we did during reconstruction and accountability. But none of thats gunna happen for a bunch of reasons.

Only solution it to is to organize and vote like we did during reconstruction and accountability. But none of thats gunna happen for a bunch of reasons.
I appreciate this, but to me your post was directed to a certain group within OUR community. How can the ….ones with more finances narrow the gap or help?

If we are to get better, I can listen. I have a vast international network. I’ll be a bitch later. Guide me to help us now. All I asked is you be honest and overlook the work since I have a lot of shit I’m doing.

Deal?

We can chat in pm”s to keep it low moving forward

Cant complain about nigga shit while promoting nigga shit.

If you promote something you have or own to you core demo in your hometown, those the people thats gunna show up. Been shouting out trappers and street niggas for 20 years in ATL, then when they come doing what they do at someplace you own that you want to impress wypipo, you hit them with "why yall acting like this?". FOH nigga

Lowkey another story showing a lack of accountability

Come on bruh, how is having a successful business that you barely even advertise your ownership an example of "owning to impress white people." So niggas with money can only do ignorant shit with it, otherwise they just putting on for others? That's crazy.

I'm also not drawing the correlation between him rapping about selling drugs for years and black people thinking it's ok to treat a high-end restaurant like the strip club just because Jeezy was a rapper. If dude used to be a drug dealer, but managed to turn it around and find success in other legal ventures, shouldn't we be celebrating that. How it is a lack of accountability to be surprised that people would react the way they did? White people been transitioning from crime to legit business for centuries, and they don't deal with that shit? Why is it ok for black people to behave like that?

Reactions: GNS
Come on bruh, how is having a successful business that you barely even advertise your ownership an example of "owning to impress white people." So niggas with money can only do ignorant shit with it, otherwise they just putting on for others? That's crazy.

I'm also not drawing the correlation between him rapping about selling drugs for years and black people thinking it's ok to treat a high-end restaurant like the strip club just because Jeezy was a rapper. If dude used to be a drug dealer, but managed to turn it around and find success in other legal ventures, shouldn't we be celebrating that. How it is a lack of accountability to be surprised that people would react the way they did? White people been transitioning from crime to legit business for centuries, and they don't deal with that shit? Why is it ok for black people to behave like that?
Kinda answered the first part in another post. The second part, again, its 2 things, his target demo & its a money issue in ATL/America. Its great Jeezy matured some, but his music sure hasnt. And this is ATL. If it isnt the few successful black entertainers, athletes or successful business professionals, its the Dope boys. All the rest of black people are relatively poor, so who else is constantly going to an expensive steak house?

And having 20 years of shouting out street niggas, going to club throwing money and telling people to turn up, has an affect on your image, so cut it out. My biggest thing is how are all yall this shocked? Since when have ghetto riff raff behaved well anywhere? Jeezy should know his crowd and his city, and none of this should of been surprising. He should of been talking about how annoying it was.

I appreciate this, but to me your post was directed to a certain group within OUR community. How can the ….ones with more finances narrow the gap or help?

If we are to get better, I can listen. I have a vast international network. I’ll be a bitch later. Guide me to help us now. All I asked is you be honest and overlook the work since I have a lot of shit I’m doing.

Deal?

We can chat in pm”s to keep it low moving forward

95% of the people with the finances rn dont want to narrow the gap or help. They just want to exploit and benifit.

And didnt you once brainstorm on here about starting an Elite all black country club....that would also check how much you make a year, to keep people under a certain number out. Because those people would be too poor and bring the club down.. :|

Kinda answered the first part in another post. The second part, again, its 2 things, his target demo & its a money issue in ATL/America. Its great Jeezy matured some, but his music sure hasnt. And this is ATL. If it isnt the few successful black entertainers, athletes or successful business professionals, its the Dope boys. All the rest of black people are relatively poor, so who else is constantly going to an expensive steak house?

And having 20 years of shouting out street niggas, going to club throwing money and telling people to turn up, has an affect on your image, so cut it out. My biggest thing is how are all yall this shocked? Since when have ghetto riff raff behaved well anywhere? Jeezy should know his crowd and his city, and none of this should of been surprising. He should of been talking about how annoying it was.

To answer the first paragraph, it's a high end steakhouse, it's not for the masses. It's ATL not Malibu. There are a lot of black doctors, lawyers, engineers, businesspeople, etc... there. Sure, those people don't represent the average black person in the city, but right or wrong, the restaurant isn't meant for the average black person. I also still think it's funny that you're assuming that drug dealers that go to restaurants like that treat it like the strip club. They don't. Drug dealers that go to expensive restaurants behave the same as everybody else. These people just acted out because they found out the spot was owned by a black person, which is foul.

Again bruh, the idea that a wave of people would start going to a restaurant and bringing it down just because they found out Jeezy owned it is crazy. Doesn't 2 Chainz own a pretty high end restaurant in ATL. They didn't do him like that did they?

Reactions: GNS
95% of the people with the finances rn dont want to narrow the gap or help. They just want to exploit and benifit.

And didnt you once brainstorm on here about starting an Elite all black country club....that would also check how much you make a year, to keep people under a certain number out. Because those people would be too poor and bring the club down.. :|
I think I was speaking on a country club not too far from me.
The checking on the finances is not because poor people would bring it down.
It’s because it lowers the amount of people coming in just to steal ideas and do bad business.
It’s other requirements like you have to be referred by someone already a member. Again, to lower the rate of bad business.

To answer the first paragraph, it's a high end steakhouse, it's not for the masses. It's ATL not Malibu. There are a lot of black doctors, lawyers, engineers, businesspeople, etc... there. Sure, those people don't represent the average black person in the city, but right or wrong, the restaurant isn't meant for the average black person. I also still think it's funny that you're assuming that drug dealers that go to restaurants like that treat it like the strip club. They don't. Drug dealers that go to expensive restaurants behave the same as everybody else. These people just acted out because they found out the spot was owned by a black person, which is foul.

Again bruh, the idea that a wave of people would start going to a restaurant and bringing it down just because they found out Jeezy owned it is crazy. Doesn't 2 Chainz own a pretty high end restaurant in ATL. They didn't do him like that did they?
Idk about 2Chainz, but we going off what Jeezy said, and im sure he's not there every night. For all we know that shit could be kinda common and the staff kinda know how to deal with it, and it was his first time seeing it and he was freaking out. Also from the interview he said it was people he used to hustle with, so thats niggas he knew and shouldnt be surprised acted this way.

And you must know a lot of Stringer Bells. In my experience, more often than not, they're loud for no reason and wanna rolls/smoke out in the open. Or the chicks they're with wanna take pics of their see through outfit or be recorded twerking.

I think I was speaking on a country club not too far from me.
The checking on the finances is not because poor people would bring it down.
It’s because it lowers the amount of people coming in just to steal ideas and do bad business.
It’s other requirements like you have to be referred by someone already a member. Again, to lower the rate of bad business.
So only people with low finances do bad business and steal ideas?

I feel as tho someone should've told Jeezy that if he didn't want unruly miggas there, he should played this one close to the chest.

Idk about 2Chainz, but we going off what Jeezy said, and im sure he's not there every night. For all we know that shit could be kinda common and the staff kinda know how to deal with it, and it was his first time seeing it and he was freaking out. Also from the interview he said it was people he used to hustle with, so thats niggas he knew and shouldnt be surprised acted this way.

And you must know a lot of Stringer Bells. In my experience, more often than not, they're loud for no reason and wanna rolls/smoke out in the open. Or the chicks they're with wanna take pics of their see through outfit or be recorded twerking.

Yeah, I know the kinda drug dealers you're talking about, but they don't be going to high end restaurants to begin with. The ones that do go because they can and they are showing off.

I can agree that it's something that could have been forseeable, but I still don't fault Jeezy for being surprised. At one point Jeezy was one of those people. He's moved on and behaves differently, so part of him probably expect that others had too.

So only people with low finances do bad business and steal ideas?
it’s different types of bad business. So yes and no.

Big businesses can have deals go bad. Happens all the time……I won’t blame them for how they choose to put protections in place.

But it’s also about who brought this person in the circle and vouched for them.

Good character and proven ability to make money can go a long way. So no one has to question what your bringing to the table.

At the bold...his music actually has. His entire last album was basically him renouncing all the shit he promoted before as cool. The entire song "Street Cred" is about how dumb the concept of street cred actually is.

Back