Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jeezy Explains How Things Went Left After Word Got Out That He Owned ‘One Of The Nicest Steakhouses’ In Atlanta

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
Sometimes things may be better left unsaid.

While promoting his book, “Adversity For Sale: Ya Gotta Believe” in an interview on “The Daily Cannon Morning Show,” Jeezy recalled the aftermath of going public about one of his previous ventures that he once kept private.

The rapper and businessman used to own a high-end steakhouse, American Cut, in Atlanta, GA.

“Probably one of the nicest steakhouses there,” Jeezy told host Nick Cannon. “It had three stories, beautiful. It was like my best-kept secret.”

“I remember when Nas was on tour and he stopped by and he was like ‘Yo, you own this? This is crazy,’” he continued.

However, Jeezy went on to share on the radio about his restaurant, which quickly took a turn.

“I went back there you would have thought it was Freaknik,” he said. “It started going down. You go over there to eat and you start seeing cats you used to hustle with. And I’m like, ‘Oh my God.’ You go up the stairs and they’re trying to smoke weed and I’m like, ‘Man, what we doing?’”

Outside of previously stepping into the restaurant industry, Jeezy has become well-known in Atlanta for being in real estate.

As previously shared by AfroTech, over the years, he has used his big checks to purchase a lot of property instead of chains, watches, and cars.

At the time of his interview with Cannon, he shared that as an award for finishing his book, he closed on a multi-family building with around 16 to 20 units.

“The one thing I love about real estate is that it feels so much like my old life,” he expressed. “You buying bricks and you getting money.”

He added: “I just feel like I got a knack for it because I can look at something and just understand it. One thing I learned earlier on is that I’m a long-term guy. A lot of people like to buy stuff and flip it but I’d rather buy a building that’s going to appreciate in value but at the same time be a cash-flowing asset.”

I started to make this thread

But it's crazy that you gotta keep stuff to yourself at times.

I think this could've been avoided though. Once that first wave of niggas slipped through, he should've put preventive measures in place.

Dress code, etc..

I think this could've been avoided though. Once that first wave of niggas slipped through, he should've put preventive measures in place.

Dress code, etc..
Right, but why he gotta see nipples once it’s known he’s the owner?
Was he seeing nipples before? That’s why it may not have been a strict dress code.

But doing it now, gonna give him a headache just like the turkey leg place.

I tell errbody, I never want to be the face of my companies again. I saw how it makes people change.

Remember Ti had housing for niggas and a few turn right back into trap houses.

What do you do in those situations?

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Right, but why he gotta see nipples once it’s known he’s the owner?
Was he seeing nipples before? That’s why it may not have been a strict dress code.

But doing it now, gonna give him a headache just like the turkey leg place.

I tell errbody, I never want to be the face of my companies again. I saw how it makes people change.
You answered your own question

No one knew he was the owner so the clientele was different

You answered your own question

No one knew he was the owner so the clientele was different

Pretty much this in a nutshell.

He honestly shouldn’t be surprised with the outcome once he went public with him owning the establishment. For the longest he said he was a certain way in his music and carried himself a certain way publicly . That is why he attracted a certain type of consumer of his music.

Do I think it is right that folks thought because he owned the place it isn’t a classy establishment and they can do what they want there?

NO

But I can also kinda understand why some thought they could……..

Pretty much this in a nutshell.

He honestly shouldn’t be surprised with the outcome once he went public with him owning the establishment. For the longest he said he was a certain way in his music and carried himself a certain way publicly . That is why he attracted a certain type of consumer of his music.

Do I think it is right that folks thought because he owned the place it isn’t a classy establishment and they can do what they want there?

NO

But I can also kinda understand why some thought they could……..
Cant complain about nigga shit while promoting nigga shit.

If you promote something you have or own to you core demo in your hometown, those the people thats gunna show up. Been shouting out trappers and street niggas for 20 years in ATL, then when they come doing what they do at someplace you own that you want to impress wypipo, you hit them with "why yall acting like this?". FOH nigga

Lowkey another story showing a lack of accountability

Cant complain about nigga shit while promoting nigga shit.

If you promote something you have or own to you core demo in your hometown, those the people thats gunna show up. Been shouting out trappers and street niggas for 20 years in ATL, then when they come doing what they do at someplace you own that you want to impress wypipo, you hit them with "why yall acting like this?". FOH nigga

Lowkey another story showing a lack of accountability

BINGO!!!!

Back