Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
By him waiting to to tell teams 90 minutes before the workout to start and the new place being like a 45 minute drive only 8 of the original made the drive and showed up.

By him waiting to to tell teams 90 minutes before the workout to start and the new place being like a 45 minute drive only 8 of the original made the drive and showed up.

That's how I know he isn't serious.

He's basically trolling them.

"Kap has done nothing wrong" - me

Depends on how you define wrong.

In the truest sense of the word........you're correct.

He hasn't done anything "wrong."

Meaning, he hasn't done anything reprehensible or morally wrong.

Was this the best way to handle the situation?

Absolutely not.

Last edited:
you know how I view this? the teams that didn't make the drive only came for the optics so their owners could save face. I wholeheartedly believe that Kap could've blown the doors off the hinges and they still wouldn't have signed him

you know how I view this? the teams that didn't make the drive only came for the optics so their owners could save face. I wholeheartedly believe that Kap could've blown the doors off the hinges and they still wouldn't have signed him

Agree

but if he wants to play why wait to the last minute to tell them when you got the wavier to have there the day before the workout.

Its a stunt on the NFL part and a stunt on his part too with waiting to the last minute and wanting to make a commercial about it. NIKE didnt want that though.

Kap fell for it though.

All he had to do was show up for the workout..........at a specific venue...........on a specific day........at a specific time.

Dude decides to hold his own workout at a separate venue instead.

View attachment 191509

Clear to me now that he isn't serious about playing in the NFL again.

Think about it.

What's the big deal about signing a waiver?

He's a quarterback.

So, how is he gonna get hurt when he's just throwing to receivers and not getting tackled or anything?
Nah hes just using it to keep the conversation open

Agree

but if he wants to play why wait to the last minute to tell them when you got the wavier to have there the day before the workout.

Its a stunt on the NFL part and a stunt on his part too with waiting to the last minute and wanting to make a commercial about it. NIKE didnt want that though.
I agree. I think part of it was him being petty but also he gauged the temperature of the teams who were genuinely interested. He made those that honestly wanted to see him stand out

Again, as an employer, I make that drive and check for an employee I'm genuinely interested in hiring

I agree. I think part of it was him being petty but also he gauged the temperature of the teams who were genuinely interested. He made those that honestly wanted to see him stand out

Again, as an employer, I make that drive and check for an employee I'm genuinely interested in hiring

He cant help a team this year that would really need help.

I think he gets signed next year

It actually does.

Then again, maybe you're right.

Because if Kap was really fighting to get back in the NFL..........he wouldn't have have a problem meeting their terms.

Dude wants to be a martyr, so let him continue to play that martyr role.

He doesn't have a leg to stand on now though.

That's just it though. Their terms are bullshit and not what they ask of other players which actually bolsters his stance not hurts it.

My thing is, why people keep acting like having a work out, is being hired. It legit doesnt mean much. Shit is like, he got the hiring manager to glance at his resume before not hiring him. Kap wasnt some nobody, he already worked there at a high level. They already know he can do the job, they just dont want him there.

"Half the NFL owners were against it" says all that needs to be said. Whether he spoke to whomever behind the scenes or not is pointless. He nor Jay have the clout to make those white billionaires do ANYTHING. Hes basically doing damage control for looking like the NFL's waterboy for going overboard over another grown mans decision to not bend on his principles for weeks on national TV and radio

Back