Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
View attachment 160440

Jay-Z’s Rocawear clothing line has started to produce “Occupy All Streets” shirts which is clearly based on the title of what some are referring to as the largest social justice movement of our generation. The only hitch here is that the company has no intention to share profits with the movement. Jay-Z earned $63 million last year, a grotesque amount of money considering the current economic state of the world, but I digress, yet still refuses to share profits.

As a result of hisScrooge” like tendencies, sculptor, Daniel Edwards, who supports the Occupy movement sculptured a totem pole which represents Jay-Z as the base topped by Mr. Burns from the Simpsons, Scrooge McDuck from Disney’s “A Christmas Carol”
and Richie Rich.

The only remaining question now is should Jay-Z’s company share the profits from the shirt with the organizers of the movement?

What these niggas want money for again? We living in the Owe Me times

State of the Culture had a good segment on this topic.. the video above should start at the right time but if it dont... fast forward to the 1:21:00 mark

So you asking what’s the solution to racism now or something?

lol cmon bruh. My main question was asking what are some possible solutions we could enact since so many of you seem so against trying to change things from the inside.

Let me be clear... it remains to be seen if that's what Jay is trying to do... but if that is indeed what his intentions are... how we gonna shit on him for the attempt without offering another way or another solution?

Lets skip all the arguing of semantics of what Jay and the NFL may or may not do at this point.....

can we pivot this discussion to... what can regular folks do to help remedy the situation....

Far as I know none of us are millionaires like Kaep or Billionaires like Jay... how bout we brainstorm on what us regular folk can do to fix the ills of the community that we keep expecting these rich ass niggas to fix for us. How bout we start with that?

Regular people brainstorm every day and work to fix our community. You saying it like we just waiting on the rich to feed us or something like wtf. He getting scrutiny for many valid reasons here.

lol cmon bruh. My main question was asking what are some possible solutions we could enact since so many of you seem so against trying to change things from the inside.

Let me be clear... it remains to be seen if that's what Jay is trying to do... but if that is indeed what his intentions are... how we gonna shit on him for the attempt without offering another way or another solution?

So we can’t say anything unless we have all the answers? And as far as changing the system from inside bruh where has that worked for us? Everybody says work from inside to change and the change never happens

View attachment 160440

Jay-Z’s Rocawear clothing line has started to produce “Occupy All Streets” shirts which is clearly based on the title of what some are referring to as the largest social justice movement of our generation. The only hitch here is that the company has no intention to share profits with the movement. Jay-Z earned $63 million last year, a grotesque amount of money considering the current economic state of the world, but I digress, yet still refuses to share profits.

As a result of hisScrooge” like tendencies, sculptor, Daniel Edwards, who supports the Occupy movement sculptured a totem pole which represents Jay-Z as the base topped by Mr. Burns from the Simpsons, Scrooge McDuck from Disney’s “A Christmas Carol”
and Richie Rich.

The only remaining question now is should Jay-Z’s company share the profits from the shirt with the organizers of the movement?

Fuck is this

Regular people brainstorm every day and work to fix our community. You saying it like we just waiting on the rich to feed us or something like wtf. He getting scrutiny for many valid reasons here.

I know that a lot of us work to fix our communities.. not once did I say otherwise.. I only asked those in this thread upset at Jays attempt to do what he thinks is his part for the cause, what they thought the RIGHT move would have or could have been.. and other than folks saying start our own league.. there have been no answers/alternatives

So we can’t say anything unless we have all the answers? And as far as changing the system from inside bruh where has that worked for us? Everybody says work from inside to change and the change never happens

Again.. I never said yall cant say shit unless you have all the answers...lol I sure as hell don't have all the answers....nor do I expect yall to magically come up with a fix to solve all of our problems. Im trying to have a dialogue/debate here... lol.

Correct me if i'm wrong here.....but if no change ever happened we'd still be slaves... there would still be segregation... etc. right? Let's not act like attempts to change the system from the inside have got us NOTHING. Sure we still have a long ways to go..and it might not be the most expedient way of going about things... but lets not act like it never did ANYTHING..

So according to my homeboy who i talked to about this a couple hours ago:

Jay is a snake who just got a check to feed his family and run the halftime show, and black people wont get shit out of this even if the other owners "give" him a team. the nfl really doesnt give a shit anymore and doesn't have to knowing that he is the face of black people in the eyes of whote people and they are off the hook. He used Kap situation by siding with him in shitting on the league with Kap but finagled a deal with known racists after Kap got paid and out of the way (also without consulting him and lying about it...kap has no reason to lie about this either)while telling artists to stay away and JD to not take a deal either to do the same thing. Kap was paid hush money and wont play for the league ever.

He said if Jay really wanted change he wouldn't have taken a dime and made the owners give Colin a job in the league right away.

Interesting takes but i still want to wait and see what he does

He can't force the NFL to sign kaep wtf do people keep saying this shit do people not understand the NFL is 32 business under basically a union that is the NFL. Jay-z doesn't have the power to make a team randomly sign kaep. What if he did make some team sign him are the conditions going to be good for kaep?? Etc etc so many holes in this stupid shit

Jay Z thinks like a true Capitalist , cold and calculated .NFL just made up a new position just to put him there

Back