Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay-Z 4:44 Album Discussion Thread

I wasn't being literal. He's rapping, but the flow is lazy and it sounds like he's barely trying throughout the album. I mean I can't even think of a song where he really spit. I have to listen again. The subject matter was decent but the delivery was lazy throughout.

this is an accurate portrayal of the album. I may have been impressed by it if he didn’t already do it better with Reasonable Doubt. At least he still rapping once RD lose energy at end. This just got boring

I wasn't being literal. He's rapping, but the flow is lazy and it sounds like he's barely trying throughout the album. I mean I can't even think of a song where he really spit. I have to listen again. The subject matter was decent but the delivery was lazy throughout.
Sounds like he's barely trying?

Interesting

I never thought about it like that. I thought he approached each song based on the bpms in the beat.

Or maybe some of the tracks were conversational so that he could just talk freely about that particular subject matter but even that was still dope to me.

I'ma listen again just cause

Sounds like he's barely trying?

Interesting

I never thought about it like that. I thought he approached each song based on the bpms in the beat.

Or maybe some of the tracks were conversational so that he could just talk freely about that particular subject matter but even that was still dope to me.

I'ma listen again just cause

That's how it sounded to me. I'm not shitting on the album by any means. I'm not a Jay fan, and I think most of his albums are overrated, but this one I actually appreciated more than most. I just don't think it's classic. To me, RD and BP1 are Jay's only classics, but I know his fans disagree.

everyone was hypin this shit up .ctg is saying this is grown folks music lol .

everyone was hypin this shit up .ctg is saying this is grown folks music lol .
I don't recall him using that term

I think what he specifically said was more along the lines of hip hop contemporary or something like that.

This is an extremely solid album in his discography. It has tons of replay value.

Still in my rotation.. Personal classic to me as well.. May not be his best lyrically but the combination of NO ID's production and Hov being more introspective elevated it some notches in my opinion.. And whoever said he wasn't rapping musta skipped Marcy Me.. That was him showing niggas really can't fuck with him still, if he wanna really rap..

Classic Only Song I’ll Skip From Time To Time Is Bam & Even That Ill Still Play In A Group Setting
Family Fued Is The Standout For Me
Just Hope This Isn’t The End We Need More HOV

Back