Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay-Z 4:44 Album Discussion Thread

The imagery in the promo leads one to believe it's gonna be a conscious record. Plus with all the documentaries and philanthropy he's been doing, Im thinking the album will be in that vein.

i just hope he's rapping, and not singing, cuz that adnis shit sounded ......i unnno.....a little too new age for hov......

i don't wanna get caught being too judgey, that just might be a intro or something..... but when i first heard it, i ain't think it was him off top, cuz it sounded too much like the other shit that be coming on lately.....and imo that's not jay to do that...

but i hope i'm wrong and i'm just jumping the gun over a little snippet

like people gotta realize though....

it's different with Jay....

like my mother favorite rappers, big, redman, beans, they either ain't alive, or they not still mainstream relevant....

Jay still relevant......Jay still that dude...a wack jay album hurts forreal.....

it especially hurts the culture when we say hip hop doesn't respect their pioneers...

we age our music.....

lots of vets still drop hot albums, make great music...i knew we joke in here a lot when we rate our favorite artst over new age artist, but the fact is our favorites still rapping,

rae and ghost still rapping,

prodigy just dropped a new verse before dying...

busta and rah digga doing a show in bmore...

these niggaz from the 90's.....they still doing it....and Jay was leading the pack then....i feel like he has a responsibility at this point.....you damn near a billionaire jay.....

If you ain't dropping one of the most fire albums your fans ever heard.......like something your day 1's gonna wild out to.....

keep the rap shit to yourself fam.....

we got enough wack music out here to navigate thru.....we don't need jay polluting the radios right now...just cuz......

give us something dope.....

ESPECIALLY after kendrick spazzed with Damn....

showmanship.....i feel like this gotta be hot or else.....

which is why i was so overly critical of that little snippet,

my expectations are high as fuck

Be nice if Blaze, Bink, and Preme were on there for old times sake

Damn, Jay pretty much admitted he was cheating on Bey in the intro. This isn't really conventional Jay, but I can't say I'm mad at it. Liking the feel of the album so far.

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn I feel like this is the Jay he always wanted to be, but knew this shit wouldn't sell. Hearing conscious Jay is fuckin my head up right now.

giphy.gif
every song has been fuckin fire man

Does he sound like the best to ever do this rap shit??

Does he sound like the best to ever do this rap shit??

Depends. This is a different Hov, I'm not sure how people will receive this style of Hov, I love it tho. It's heavy on content and bars, his flow is unorthodox tho.

I was skeptical of this dude giving us anything good again but he proved me wrong on first listen.

That Smile joint, is my favorite right now

im 5 songs in

and im not trying to say what everyone has said by "gassing" this album up, but this album is checking off all the boxes

10 songs

fire beats

minimal features

no skits

dope lyrics

I wanna replay songs already but im letting them playthrough at least one time

Back