new Illuminati
Memories & Merlot
Bonnie & Clyde
Welcome To Knightsbridge
Rough Love
Nights of the Roundtable
10,000 Lotus Petals

This is ridiculous.

If he really has an album, all he has to do is find an online distributer like Tunecore and they'll distribute it to all of the online streaming sites (iTunes, Spotify, Youtube, etc.)

View attachment 225547

it doesnt work like that for artists that actually have record deals.

yeah.

bet me real money if you dont think its happening.

lmao nah im good bruh. I'm not spending real money on a Jay Elec album.... why tf would I bet real money on if his album is coming out or not. I hope he doesn't disappoint you...... again

lmao nah im good bruh. I'm not spending real money on a Jay Elec album.... why tf would I bet real money on if his album is coming out or not. I hope he doesn't disappoint you...... again

seems like a easy way to get money. fuck the album

the album in that form does exist. We've heard most of the songs except:

Real magic
new Illuminati
Memories & Merlot
Bonnie & Clyde
Welcome To Knightsbridge
Rough Love
Nights of the Roundtable
10,000 Lotus Petals

it doesnt work like that for artists that actually have record deals.

Yeah but that's exactly what a record label does nowadays. They sign up with an online distributer who gets it on all the streaming sites.

I recorded an album last year. Had I recorded it 10-15 years ago I would have needed a record label. I put it on TuneCore and they distributed it to 35 streaming sites including iTunes, Apple Music, Googleplay, Spotify, etc.

The only thing you need a record label for is to shoot a video, get it on MTV/BET and to sponsor your tour. You don't need a record label to release your record anymore. He should just release it on TuneCore himself. Roc Nation can't sue him because they're supposed to do the exact same thing and they're not doing it.

Yeah but that's exactly what a record label does nowadays. They sign up with an online distributer who gets it on all the streaming sites.

I recorded an album last year. Had I recorded it 10-15 years ago I would have needed a record label. I put it on TuneCore and they distributed it to 35 streaming sites including iTunes, Apple Music, Googleplay, Spotify, etc.

The only thing you need a record label for is to shoot a video, get it on MTV/BET and to sponsor your tour. You don't need a record label to release your record anymore. He should just release it on TuneCore himself. Roc Nation can't sue him because they're supposed to do the exact same thing and they're not doing it.

like i said, he's a SIGNED artist.

he aint just uploading music to a tunecore or a distrokid. it dont work like that.

again....he's a SIGNED artist.

like i said, he's a SIGNED artist.

he aint just uploading music to a tunecore or a distrokid. it dont work like that.

again....he's a SIGNED artist.

It doesn't matter if he's signed to an ironclad contract that specifically says that, "Roc Nation has the sole authority to release his music."

Even if that's what his contract says he can release it himself and Roc Nation wouldn't have a case.

Bottom line, people have been waiting for his album for over a decade, and with streaming nowadays you can release your album globally for under $100. No judge nor jury would find him guilty of anything...and if they did find him guilty they'd probably award Roc Nation with $1.00 in damages just on principle.

It doesn't matter if he's signed to an ironclad contract that specifically says that, "Roc Nation has the sole authority to release his music."

Even if that's what his contract says he can release it himself and Roc Nation wouldn't have a case.

Bottom line, people have been waiting for his album for over a decade, and with streaming nowadays you can release your album globally for under $100. No judge nor jury would find him guilty of anything...and if they did find him guilty they'd probably award Roc Nation with $1.00 in damages just on principle.

nigga.

you do realize that the label FUNDED this music.

you dont.

because if you did, you'd know that the bullshit you are saying is bullshit.

It doesn't matter if the label funded it. If they won't release the album and it's just sitting on a shelf somewhere he should release it himself.

Back in the 90s if you album was shelved there was nothing you could do about it. But since it only costs $29.99 to release the album on TuneCore, why in the world would he, or why in the world should he sit around with his thumb up his ass while his album sits on the shelf?

nigga.

you do realize that the label FUNDED this music.

you dont.

because if you did, you'd know that the bullshit you are saying is bullshit.

I might be wrong but I think Jigg gave him an ultimatum regarding an album drop as label head... the reference to Jigg on the tweets too say quite a bit

But I don't really send this dude... I gave up hope years ago

Back