Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
J. Cole album didn't go platinum off the jump until his 3rd album when they changed the format for album sales by also adding streams. Also J. Cole already had radio presence and hit singles on the charts.

Jay Electronica has no hits or singles and he's coming 10 years too late. I guarantee if Jay Electronica put the album out tomorrow that shit would brick. But if Jay-Z is on it in the form of a collab album it might at the very least go gold or platinum.

Yeah but that's true about any MC. Give me MC Joe Blow from Nebraska and put Jay Z on 7 or 8 songs and I bet that album would do good numbers.

Your post is facts but Hov gain from this collaboration as well.. Jay Elect is probably the most pro black/muslim mc of our time, and I’m not trying to bash Hov but let’s be honest, he’s been trend hopping his whole career and in this so called “WOKE ERA” Hov out of nowhere grew freedom dreadlocks and became besties with Meek Mill (the face of prison reform) now choose to drop a collab album with one of the most pro black mc’s of our time... This is the same guy that use to call himself Euro Jay..

:sayword:

Talk to Em!!!!!!!!

J. Cole album didn't go platinum off the jump until his 3rd album when they changed the format for album sales by also adding streams. Also J. Cole already had radio presence and hit singles on the charts.

Jay Electronica has no hits or singles and he's coming 10 years too late. I guarantee if Jay Electronica put the album out tomorrow that shit would brick. But if Jay-Z is on it in the form of a collab album it might at the very least go gold or platinum.

Yeah but that's true about any MC. Give me MC Joe Blow from Nebraska and put Jay Z on 7 or 8 songs and I bet that album would do good numbers.

But that Jay and Beyonce album came and went. Did it even sell gold?

Ah ok. I thought you were comparing if they both capitalised off their respective buzz at the time

I do see what Ocelot saying & I think if he drops with Jay on half the album now it’ll do well... but he ain’t seeing the numbers he could of in 2011. Not unless he drops a monster single which he’s capable of.

Cole ain't have no damn Radio presence or hit single before his first album.

He was in the same internet/forum buzz as Jay Elec.

I wouldn’t count that too much tho. It went plat a few years after it dropped. I think it did go gold that year tho, but Cole had the buzz and Friday Night Lights to capitalize off.

Cole's buzz was nowhere near what JE was then or that he even has now.

And you must got FNL confused w/ So far Gone. That's the only mixtape that had any buzz then and had folks talking that wasn't on hip hop forums. Shit even Kendrick didn't have that much buzz w/ Section 80.

Your post is facts but Hov gain from this collaboration as well.. Jay Elect is probably the most pro black/muslim mc of our time, and I’m not trying to bash Hov but let’s be honest, he’s been trend hopping his whole career and in this so called “WOKE ERA” Hov out of nowhere grew freedom dreadlocks and became besties with Meek Mill (the face of prison reform) now choose to drop a collab album with one of the most pro black mc’s of our time... This is the same guy that use to call himself Euro Jay..

Even though this is facts, Jay been dropping 5 percent gems in his verses his whole career.

He just always been lowkey with it.

Go finish ya breakfast

Haha... that was funny, respect.

But I did notice you were quoting "Black Album" Jay Z lyrics...

When is the last time people were quoting "The Knowles Album" lyrics?

"I said no to the Super Bowl, you need me, I don't need you "... and yet:

rs_1080x1350-200204182503-84181127_487531668627654_8423608580807605827_n.jpg

Seeing a Jay Electronica album thread is like being Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Watching the world get their hopes up while you know they're only feeding a vicious cycle is... just entertaining. I got nephews and nieces that graduated college and had kids of their own, and they'll be waiting for a Jay Electronica album when they get to college.

Back