Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jason Mitchell Will Play Sean Bell in "50 Shots" Biopic

keemz

#gaza4eva #freeKartel #FreeSiva
Jason Mitchell had a rough 2019 after sexual misconduct allegations led to the actor being dropped from The Chi and having his awards revoked. However, Mitchell recently secured the starring role in the upcoming Sean Bell biopic.

Sean Bell was a 23-year-old Black man who was fatally shot by the police hours before his wedding in 2006. Bell, along with his father and two friends, had just concluded his bachelor party when cops shot up the unarmed group's car. The cops were surveilling a nearby strip club and thought the men were armed. Bell’s family won a settlement against the city for $7 million in 2010, but the three cops were fully acquitted.

Mitchell originally read for the role of an undercover cop, but later asked to play Bell's part. 50 Shots, which is a nod to the number of times Bell was shot, has been in development for three years and has the involvement of Bell's family. Mitchell will also be credited as an executive producer for the film.

Gotta watch it at least once

Can't let these stories go untold or mistold.

Damn shame we only 14yrs removed from that

He's lucky. I thought he was straight to red box status after his shit last year

Ain't nobody going to see this in theater's fam.

He still straight to redbox and he's lucky it's that. He's a talented actor. Hopefully he doesn't fuck up this blessing.

See the source image
 photo seanbelldaughters.jpg

I'm on the fence. I mean the brotha should be giving all praises to the Lord for this opportunity. Thought for sure he was gonna get the blacklisted treatment.

As for the movie...this gonna piss me off. This is why I haven't finished watching "When They See Us". This is why I've only watched "Rosewood" once.

Ahhh..once again, is this Hollywood monetizing off of unjustifiable deaths & incarcerations of black men & turning it into entertainment or profits? Yep.

Back