Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Janelle Monae - DIRTY COMPUTER

This chick is fine as hell to me. I can't say I'm interested in anything else about her past the physical though. She seems talented, but I don't care for any of her work. And her style is cornballish to me. I don't know. It's weird. Like I applaud her for what she does, but that's about it.

U ever give any of her albums a listen tho?

I respect her artistry... I remember some years ago way back in ATL we were in like some warehouse typa place for an event and some residents complained we were making too much noise and Janelle was spos to perform...

The cops ended up making the venue cut the power/speakers but Janelle was like fuck all that im still finna perform and she belted out some songs with no mic, no sound system or anything .

I respected the hell outa that cuz she coulda been like shit well the power is off ima bounce.. but she still performed the hell outa the songs she sang that night and showed the crowd love

4B06621B00000578-5600763-image-m-42_1523393945466.jpg

I chuckled at the bush...

Nah this ain't it but I could smell this comin' a mile off. Everyone has a gimmick now and it's interferin' with the music. Janelle was already different enough when she released the excellent Electric Lady.

Very disappointed, tho' not too surprised

so nobody talking about the actual album??

anyway...downloaded this last night (google Play)

im about 5 songs in and am loving it so far...will give a more thorough review when im done

Back