Jamaica launches fraud probe after Bolt reports millions missing

Bolt dominated track and changed the sport from his first appearance in 2008 till he retired. Normal Olympic stars dont make what he made. He was a global star and has been in all kinds of commercials and endorsement deals. Hes been on forbes highest paid athletes for years and i know his Puma deal alone paid him like 10 mill a year. So he was def making NBA/NFL money. Yall really gotta stop thinking only American sports athletes are rich. I'm willing to bet cuz of Bolt all track athletes in general got a pay boost.

His standard of living wont change, but he's not bout to let 12mill disappear for no reason

lol Who said anything about only American athletes are rich. I just pointed out that there is a difference between what top tier NBA/NFL/MLB players are making compared to Olympic athletes.

Usain is probably the biggest name in track in the past 20-30 years. His net worth is ~90 million depending on the source. No, losing 12 mill won't break him, but nobody would just scoff at lose >10% of their net worth over night.

Compare that to American net worths

Lebron is ~600M and is getting paid ~100 mill. That means he's getting more than Bolt's net worth every year.
Curry is ~150M and getting 50M per year
Brady is ~250M and getting 30M per year

The important part is that these dudes are still making 10s of millions every year, so they can bounce back from such a loss a lot quicker than someone who has retired and is largely out of the limelight now.

This reminds of Ludacris saying something like once a month he gets his financial guys in the room and makes them go over every single dollar and transactions