Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jamaica is experiencing a Marijuana shortage

When I was younger I use to walk the backroads from August Town to Mona (I use to see a catty over there) at night with no problems. My brother didn't like it but they left me alone because of my family. Now no way would I do that now. When my grandfather died and I went down for the funeral we had to duck down and turn off the lights because a man kicked another man off his bicycle and drew a gun on him right in front of our house. They've robbed one of my brothers down there (he was at a dance and stuck up everyone).

one of my friends went down there with his girl and he had his chain on some mans were grillin him . After the club was done my friend and his girl were heading out those dudes ran up on him and pulled out a gun on him for the chain. My friend got saved by a resident.

one of my friends went down there with his girl and he had his chain on some mans were grillin him . After the club was done my friend and his girl were heading out those dudes ran up on him and pulled out a gun on him for the chain. My friend got saved by a resident.

Shit is crazy. They popped my brother's chain when he tried to hide it when they robbed the dance.

saw thread on TheColi about this. Why is crime increasing so much.

Jamaica has always been bad. People who go on resorts don't see that part of Jamaica. Plus the tourism money is down to very little. The government mismanaging and Jamaica never really recovered from hurricane Gilbert.

I think the main reason is the guns being smuggled in (supposedly, mainly from Hati & Columbia). That with them seemingly imitating shit they see American rappers, claim to do, got everyone trying to prove how gangsta they are.

A couple years ago one of my Aunt's was telling us about a shooting that happened in our town. Keep in mind my fam is from a town deep in the country, up in the mountains, so stuff like that doesn't happen. Some guys got in an argument at a lil bar/club they have where mainly young people hang out, they left, came back with a gun and shot the place up killing someone and I believe wounding a few other (i dont 100% remember the details).

After that my other Aunt went to Jamaica to visit and stayed in the town for a few days. When she came back, she told me it really is different up there. Any sorta argument someone young gets into, they start talking about how they got that hot iron and they'll go get it and come back, smh.

I really think the only way to curb some of this down is if they really put a stop to the illegal guns being smuggled in.

Back