Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jaden - ERYS

@Beta

Nah homie, that ain't it.

Make no mistake about it, I'm not the cat that listens to just hip hop or r&b, so it ain't that I don't listen to "other shit". Just take a quick look at some of the joints I've posted in the Self Vibing' thread and you can get a small glimpse into the breadth of my listening tastes.

But... This ain't the biz. I'd rather pull up with Childish Gambino "Feels Like Summer", some Flying Lotus, Paco Fernandez, or some Cafe Del Mar/ F-Communications - type shit.

The bulk of it is his voice, and how it sounds like he's got a bad cold and is losing his voice. The rest is the production is lazy. Overly reliant on effects on his voice to try to make it interesting and the composition itself is... dull.

shit is "meh" at best. I mean... I can see the effort there to push into other musical spaces, and I applaud that 'cause more recording artists should do it, but this needs work.

Y’all easily impressed by “different” niggas when really they all the same nigga. Jaden out here lookin like Jack Skellington.

latest

@Beta

Nah homie, that ain't it.

Make no mistake about it, I'm not the cat that listens to just hip hop or r&b, so it ain't that I don't listen to "other shit". Just take a quick look at some of the joints I've posted in the Self Vibing' thread and you can get a small glimpse into the breadth of my listening tastes.

But... This ain't the biz. I'd rather pull up with Childish Gambino "Feels Like Summer", some Flying Lotus, Paco Fernandez, or some Cafe Del Mar/ F-Communications - type shit.

The bulk of it is his voice, and how it sounds like he's got a bad cold and is losing his voice. The rest is the production is lazy. Overly reliant on effects on his voice to try to make it interesting and the composition itself is... dull.

shit is "meh" at best. I mean... I can see the effort there to push into other musical spaces, and I applaud that 'cause more recording artists should do it, but this needs work.
Man get out of this thread man. This that young nigga gender fluid music. Jaden is a very talented young kid who has a great message. He is just experiencing with the wrong drugs right now. He gonna be alright man. Just hit him up on Snapchat and he said the tattoo on his face is fake and he was sipping Pepto bismol

Btw I cried to this song 4 times. Only the real can relate to what he talking about. Much love @konceptjones but I think you too old to understand his message.

Man get out of this thread man. This that young nigga gender fluid music. Jaden is a very talented young kid who has a great message. He is just experiencing with the wrong drugs right now. He gonna be alright man. Just hit him up on Snapchat and he said the tattoo on his face is fake and he was sipping Pepto bismol

Btw I cried to this song 4 times. Only the real can relate to what he talking about. Much love @konceptjones but I think you too old to understand his message.

I've listened to it several times now, and I hear what he's saying, and best believe I done been through the shit myself but this just ain't hittin'. Nothin about this joint is dope, and it ain't that I'm too old, 'cause I got plenty of shit in my past to draw on, so if it was written well enough it would speak to anyone that's been in them shoes... But it doesn't.

I'm looking at the credits on this joint and I gotta wonder how the hell did it take 6 people to write... this???

Also, you ain't that "talented" when you gotta have mad writers for your shit. Special Ed, LL Cool J, Mobb Deep, Esham, Illegal, Shyheim, and a grip of other cats wrote entire albums without help before they got out of high school. Erick and Parrish made dollars at 19, DJ Quik was proficient with multiple instruments at 12, and Rakim changed hip hop permanently at 18.

That's "talented".

I'm not knocking his hustle, he's fine doing what he wants. I'm just saying that from the perspective of someone that's witnessed the rise of hip hop, techno, house, garage, and many other genres of music, what he's doing really is only "different" to people with an extremely limited view of music and that get them to thinking he's "talented" because it's outside of their norm.

Last edited:
Back