Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ja Rule vs Eminem

Who is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It reminds me of when Joe Budden wanted to listen to one Eminem recent albums and Rory told him to turn that shit off lol

@KNiGHTS
Eminem because he stayed in his lane longer. Grimy Ja was the shit, which is why X and Jay-Z had whole ho moments in regards to him. If he'd kept that energy for longer, I'd give the nod to him. As it stands, Em has more songs in the lyrical Slim Shady/MMLP lane that I fuck with than Ja has thug shit that I do.

I listened to EM prolly all his shit aside his last two efforts...I cant say that his discography has aged will that would prompt me to wanna spin his stuff today; to where as Ja you or ya shorty can throw Ja on and have a good listening experience.

That is one thing we are forgetting that Ja has/had a dual fan base and Em really only targeted the fan base of a single gender..as much as I like hardcore music it doesnt always translate to dual listening capability and that is why Ja wins this VoD..

Now you can support why Em can be better but my reasoning will stand

Eminem makes music for incels. Those are the only ones that can relate to killing to their mom, girlfriend and joke about gay sex. I’d rather listen to Ja Rule over any of that.

MC Eiht, DJ Quik, All of NWA and many more of your favorite MC's from back inna day invited each other to their dicks and even had lyrics about fucking other men.

"Gap teef in ya mouf so my dick's got to fit/with my nuts on ya tonsils..."
"Luke's bending over, so Luke's gettin' fucked..."

"Now, I never had my dick sucked by a man befo'
But you gon' be the first you little trick ass hoe
Then you can tell me just how it taste
But before I nut I shoot some piss in your face..."

Erick Sermon, Big Pun, and quite a few NYC cats rhymed about taking men's manhood (aka raping them in the ass)

jussayin.

Plus fyre fest like the biggest finesse move of the new century

But Ja wasn't the one doing the finessing. He was name only.

Shit at this point he was just the fall guy. Most folks don't even remember the name of dude that was actually behind it.

He got all the backlash, jokes, and memes and little else.

I enjoyed Em's albums from Encore and the ones before that.
His most recent albums plus that foreign accent shit he used awhile back just ruined his legacy for me.
I can still enjoy albums and a ton of features from Ja right now and not be bored.

MC Eiht, DJ Quik, All of NWA and many more of your favorite MC's from back inna day invited each other to their dicks and even had lyrics about fucking other men.

"Gap teef in ya mouf so my dick's got to fit/with my nuts on ya tonsils..."
"Luke's bending over, so Luke's gettin' fucked..."

"Now, I never had my dick sucked by a man befo'
But you gon' be the first you little trick ass hoe
Then you can tell me just how it taste
But before I nut I shoot some piss in your face..."

Erick Sermon, Big Pun, and quite a few NYC cats rhymed about taking men's manhood (aka raping them in the ass)

jussayin.
Cool. But you left out the rest of what I said

Everytime people say Eminem say destroyed ICP's career I always play this. "Remember when Eminem destroyed ICP, No Remember when Ja Rule crushed Eminem's spirit on Loose change? Yeah I remember that shit."

because that's what needed to be brought up. I can't think of another rapper that joked about his moms like that, but there were plenty of gay ass lyrics back in the 90's.
A discussion about gay shit isn’t a hill I’m trying to die on so you got it. At least you can admit that em has other incel like traits in his music.

Anywho, Em from Infinite to MMLP was pretty much all I fucked with heavy by Em, and a few tracks on The Eminem Show was cool but that's pretty much where I left dude, and even with that, I preferred Infinite, SSEP, and SSLP songs more than MMLP.

His shit on Soundbombing and Sway and Tech's The Anthem and Get You Mad will always be better than anything dude has released in the last 10 years. I've said it before here and on the IC, if Em would go back to his old shit, I'll gladly buy it.

Ja's shit... Being 100% honest, "Holla, Holla" was pretty much the only Ja Rule joint I really fucked with. There was one more that raised my eyebrow but I can't think of it right now, but dude was too much of a DMX knock-off to ever take seriously.

Everytime people say Eminem say destroyed ICP's career I always play this. "Remember when Eminem destroyed ICP, No Remember when Ja Rule crushed Eminem's spirit on Loose change? Yeah I remember that shit."

That's the thing, when Em came out they said Dr Dre discovered him at some battle rap conference. He was labeled a "battle rapper". and people said he had the skills to pay the bills.

But the problem is that he's never beaten anybody in a real battle.

He dissed Everlast by reciting Hit Em Up, three years after Hit Em Up was recorded
Benzino threw some shots at him an then posted that tape dissing Black girls
Ja Rule Ethered him
Mariah took some shots at him
Em dissed Insane Clown Posse, but they're not really Hip Hop
Em dissed Triumph the Insult Comic Dog in what was a pretty even battle.

My point is, in the early 00s there were alot of beefs/battles and diss records. But Eminem didn't really beat anybody good.

Another way to look at it is that Eminem had the machine behind him and dissing him would be career suicide.

In either case, he never really made a good diss track imo.

Back