Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW J. Cole - The Off-Season

Meh, I’m cool with the lack of features. Seriously how many of em is really good enough to satisfy anyone? Rather he keep his vision organic than force himself to add features. He’s been successful so far so..

Motherfuckers really like features?

Features is the worst part of Hip Hop.

When I listen to an album, I don't want or need 2 to 3 other rappers on every damn song. I wanna hear the person who got their name on the album cover.

Features should be reserved for remixes. Nowadays, rappers will have a feature, then do a remix, with a different feature and take the original feature off, or even worse, have 3 different remixes with different features.

Most features are trash anyway. I can go back to the 90s where you would listen to a Tupac or Biggie album and gotta hear their damn weed carriers.

In the present day, Young Thug, who has the most singular interesting style in Hip Hop, sharing songs with the most boring rappers on the planet.

Rappers who don't use features to pad out their albums are the GOAT. Or at least let the feature mean something by having so few. Dirty Sprite 2, only had one feature, and that was Drake, which made it matter.

When I listen to an album, I don't want or need 2 to 3 other rappers on every damn song. I wanna hear the person who got their name on the album cover.

Features should be reserved for remixes. Nowadays, rappers will have a feature, then do a remix, with a different feature and take the original feature off, or even worse, have 3 different remixes with different features.

Most features are trash anyway. I can go back to the 90s where you would listen to a Tupac or Biggie album and gotta hear their damn weed carriers.

In the present day, Young Thug, who has the most singular interesting style in Hip Hop, sharing songs with the most boring rappers on the planet.

Rappers who don't use features to pad out their albums are the GOAT. Or at least let the feature mean something by having so few. Dirty Sprite 2, only had one feature, and that was Drake, which made it matter.
I don't think anyone here is asking for this either

I don't think anyone here is asking for this either

I don't know, there are only two artists that I know that know how to use features right and that's Travis Scott and Tyler the Creator because the feature isn't given any range to fuck a song up. They are like collaborators in the overall artistic vision and most features in Hip Hop are not that. It's somebody asking for a verse and somebody emailing that shit back to them.

I can't be the only one that would skip the hell out of a Tupac or a Jay Z album when the features showed up. I remember the dark ages of features.

I am of the mindset that a great songwriter, vocalist shouldn't ruin their album with features, unless the features are key collaborators with the overall vision of the album. and they are of equal talent.

Most features ain't that.

He doesn't have to. He's good enough to carry an album by himself.
4U6.gif

It's better when singers sing his "singing" parts. Plus he tries to carry all the production too. But if he had outside people do the singing and some production, I think he could carry the rapping by himself.

There's a happy medium between no features and making a dj khaled album

Lack of features don't bother me especially when most rappers rotate the same 10 rappers for a feature trying to boost their streams.

Now if he got some features like say a Q-Tip or a Charlie Wilson or a Stevie Wonder a Nas some shit like that then I'd be more excited to hear what that might sound like.

But production is another thing. Get this nigga in the studio with some other producers and we'll see that might sound like.

Pac would have the Goat discography if it wasn't for all of his trash ass features.

"SO MUCH TROUBLE IN THE WORLD NIGGA CAN'T NOBODY FEEL YOUR PAIN"

If you take off 90 percent of the features on Pac's albums you wouldn't miss nothing.

I be headnodding and bumping along to a Pac verse, feeling that shit, and then here comes some random West Coast rapper and I hit the

Very true. But that was part of Pac's approach. He was heavy into unity (if he fucked w you) and puttin the homies on. It also allowed him to make ALOTTA tracks. He do a hook and a verse and then let the homies hop on the song.

Back