Welcome To aBlackWeb

I've Been Thinking About Trying Open Mic Comedy, But....

SirReginald

Black Jew. Baruch Adonai
Where do I start? I've been thinking about writing some jokes down and performing next spring at an open mic night in Norfolk. The topics would be on politics, LGBT, religion, and mental health of course. Is there a certain way you write down a joke and create a punchline?

Where do I start? I've been thinking about writing some jokes down and performing next spring at an open mic night in Norfolk. The topics would be on politics, LGBT, religion, and mental health of course. Is there a certain way you write down a joke and create a punchline?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwzCMiicL-hBUzyjWiJaseg peep this show if you don't already know it. Aspiring comedians have one minute uninterrupted and then they get critiqued by professionals (Rogan, Mark Norman, Donell Rawlings, etc)

You’re in the 757? Funnybone in downtown vb has a class on Mondays

Suggest go sit at some comedy clubs study what they do. Good luck in it. I use to want to do stand up but was like nah I'm funny but not funny funny. I'd start going at the crowd and just start checking folks off the muscle.

Suggest go sit at some comedy clubs study what they do. Good luck in it. I use to want to do stand up but was like nah I'm funny but not funny funny. I'd start going at the crowd and just start checking folks off the muscle.

Not enough people realize this. All funny is not created equal.

Back