Welcome To aBlackWeb

it's time for the uncomfortable conversation about...........

Do you have policies on yourself?

none of your business babe

Yea I have a whole term policies too

Tried to help a family member who had just started selling it then realized this nigga sold me some bs it’s basically a 20 year term that converts into a whole term once the 20 years is up

but I’m sure they gonna try to jerk me when the time comes so I’m a hit them up to get the conversion in writing or just convert it to a whole now

if not I’ll just cancel it and get a new whole policy

yeah your premium will probably go up astronomically

none of your business babe

yeah your premium will probably go up astronomically
bruh.......aight den

giphy.gif

I used to sell life insurance. Imma be honest. I can't stand my people sometimes. I go to a black family household and they just don't care.

I get it through my job. Just throw my body in the river. All types of excuses.

I go to these white households and we start having a tough conversation about the need to have it. I only sold 2 policies to black people. I sold 12 to white people.

I stayed in the insurance industry cuz i loved it but gotta out of life insurance. It was a waste of my time

what's the difference?

also.. and excuse my ignorance yall but why have multiple?
Bunch’s different reasons.
Some for themselves and each person.
Some have one multiple beneficiaries
Some have multiple on themselves some each offspring has their own.

mostly to stop infighting after death. And sometimes that’s no even enough

There's so many different policies.

You can get what's considered a whole life policy which is an investment. As your paying monthly it feeds into a savings bucket which you can withdraw from at anytime with no penalty cuz you pay it back monthly.

You can put your child through college with that type of policy

I have 2 policies on myself and one on each of my children. My plan is eventually pay for my funeral cost before I go, so my kids don't have to have worry about it. I think I mentioned this before, but that's how my grandmother had everything set up for herself, my grandfather, and her mother before she died.
This is how it should be.
Salute shawty

There's so many different policies.

You can get what's considered a whole life policy which is an investment. As your paying monthly it feeds into a savings bucket which you can withdraw from at anytime with no penalty cuz you pay it back monthly.

You can put your child through college with that type of policy
And a few other tricks but basically this.
This should be its own thread tho

@Inori term policy only last for a particular term and goes up significantly when the person turns 50-60, increases every 5 to 10 yrs, or ends after a certain period

whole life is a premium you pay monthly and the coverage last you for your entire life or up until the age of 100

the premium is usually fixed with whole life

term policies usually have a bigger payout which makes them more attractive

Sounds good in practice..........but I just couldn't go through with it.

Felt like I'd be profiting off the death of my parents.

@Inori term policy only last for a particular term and goes up significantly when the person turns 50-60, increases every 5 to 10 yrs, or ends after a certain period

whole life is a premium you pay monthly and the coverage last you for your entire life or up until the age of 100

the premium is usually fixed

term policies usually have a bigger payout
Gotta let them know that you can pull money from your whole or cash it out

is this true?

“Let’s say Greg gets this $250,000 whole life policy at 30 years old. He pays $260 per month, with $15 going to the insurance and the rest into that savings account with a 6% return rate. After 40 years of paying way too much for his insurance, Greg is 70 and has $250,000 in insurance and roughly $488,000 in cash value. Then, Greg dies. How much does the insurance company pay out to his wife and kids? $250,000. But wait, what happened to the $488,000 of Greg’s hard-earned savings? The insurance company keeps it.”

Sounds good in practice..........but I just couldn't go through with it.

Felt like I'd be profiting off the death of my parents.

Death is apart of life. You gotta have things in order for when it happens. Funerals are expensive, cost to fly family into town, room and board. All of that is covered with life insurance.

Whatever debt they have you will be responsible for. Having a life insurance policy will take care of those debts.

Death of your parents is tough but it will be harder with no life insurance or will in place

I used to sell life insurance. Imma be honest. I can't stand my people sometimes. I go to a black family household and they just don't care.

I get it through my job. Just throw my body in the river. All types of excuses.

I go to these white households and we start having a tough conversation about the need to have it. I only sold 2 policies to black people. I sold 12 to white people.

I stayed in the insurance industry cuz i loved it but gotta out of life insurance. It was a waste of my time
Why do you think this is ?

premium too high
Don’t understand the investment side of it?

Im curios

When my parents had cancer, a few people said I should take a policy out on them.

Logically it made sense, but it just didn't feel right.

Now, whatever policies they took out on themselves for me and my sisters was ok with me.

However, if I took out one on them...........it would seem like I'd be hoping they'd die so I could get the insurance money.

Again, it would've been a smart financial decision..........but it just wouldn't sit right with me.

Back