Welcome To aBlackWeb

'It Was A Good Day' Is A Trash Story

In pick-up ball my nigga Lmaoo

Cube did all that shit in a game to 12 my nigga Lol

Fuckin Goldie mane Lmaooo
12? we always played to 21 back in the Day shit even had this song blasting quite a few of those pickup games at the Sonics court...

I'm just here to encourage critical thinking and to make people question why they like what they like and why they do what they do. Most of this world is filled with sheep.

And contrarians. The song shows how bad it is where Cube stay by picking out one day where it was good as an exception. Is Cube going about saying it's the greatest story telling song ever made? Why you setting the song to a standard no one asked about? Don't need to be complicated. What's Next? Hit Em Up overrated?

And contrarians. The song shows how bad it is where Cube stay by picking out one day where it was good as an exception. Is Cube going about saying it's the greatest story telling song ever made? Why you setting the song to a standard no one asked about? Don't need to be complicated. What's Next? Hit Em Up overrated?

You ain't gotta worry bout that.

The point that I thought Cube was trying to get across was, that a really simple, easy going, drama free day in South Central was such a rare thing it was something to be surprised and tell people about...

I loved the way the story started too:

'Just waking up in the morning gotta thank God/I don't know but today seems kinda odd'...

Last edited:
IMO a story/song doesnt have to be full of triple entendres and be complicated to be great... I think actually in a way Cube was really telling the world how bad the police brutality and violence in LA/the hood was, because he made his 'simple day' something to 'be grateful' and 'write home about'... So I guess it was more than just a song/story...

Cube's delivery of the story was great too...

Last edited:
This is storytelling, not that bullshit cube did. Ironically the last sentence of the song is "today was a good day", lol @ nothing suspenseful happened cuz it was a good day smh

The point that I thought Cube was trying to get across was, that a really simple, easy going, drama free day in South Central was such a rare thing it was something to be surprised and tell people about...

I loved the way the story started too:

'Just waking up in the morning gotta thank God/I don't know but today seems kinda odd'...

This. Exactly. The story itself was simple, but that was the whole point.

If one more nigga say it was supposed to be wack lol yall on some stan shit

If one more nigga say it was supposed to be wack lol yall on some stan shit

Nigga ain't nobody say it suppose to be wack.

You keep bringing up there was no suspense when, THAT WAS THE POINT.

Cops or Jackers didn't fuck wit him, he was ballin on the court and at the craps game, plus he got some pussy.

"he aint get pulled over and got some pussy, that story was brilliant" yall niggas sound half retarded. Yall some real life stans man lol This nigga can not rhyme once the whole song and yall would be like "it was supposed to be trash, that's the point!" smh/lol

Back