Welcome To aBlackWeb

It’s that time of the year : Dilla Season

Man unbelievable....this was almost a D Angelo track

The general consensus is that Be is Common's magnum opus (they got a fucking case), but to me LWFC was Com's best album by a wide margin... and that's due to Dilla's production. He made Common's spiritual shift make sense with the musical choices in the beats. Those reversed guitar riffs make me wanna cry in my mother's arms about life. Even 6th Sense had a Dilla feel to it, and this is Preemo we're talking about.

The general consensus is that Be is Common's magnum opus (they got a fucking case), but to me LWFC was Com's best album by a wide margin... and that's due to Dilla's production. He made Common's spiritual shift make sense with the musical choices in the beats. Those reversed guitar riffs make me wanna cry in my mother's arms about life. Even 6th Sense had a Dilla feel to it, and this is Preemo we're talking about.
Yea LWFC is up there for sure the Light is a classic single .... Be don’t have that

Top 5 hip hop producer

On hip hop producer Mt. Rushmore, Dilla IS the mountain. There was nothing like him when he came out, and everyone since has followed in his footsteps... even the modern trap producers whether they acknowledge it or not.

^^^02-04 ish

15 years bruh. I got nieces and nephews younger than that. I remember playing Donuts all summer-fall '06 when I was going thru some of the most mentally turbulent times I ever experienced. There aren't enough words in any language that can explain the level of genius in that album.

It’s crazy I can swagger jack any producer out there except Dilla
Trust me I've tried. Ppl have picked up on his techniques (the sloppy unquantitized hats/percussion, the sample chops, the augmented chord progressions, etc) but they called it Neo Soul for a reason. He was a one of one... not just in his uniqueness or talent, but also in the message that only HE can deliver. Dude made Donuts on his deathbed. You know in those last days things were clicking a lot more than usual, and those songs aside from Waves, Hi and Bye (#bargod) were simple chops but the essence of Dilla still shone thru them. Sidebar: Black Milk has a beatmaking video where he talks a bit about Dilla's techniques. That's where I learned the hi hat trick from.

Back