Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is This The Worst Scene In Film History?

Why? Is it because it is a sample?

Interpolation. Whomever it was that actually made the beat (Daz, Dre, etc) replayed the original instead of sampling it. That way they don't have to get clearance; all they gotta do is notify the original creator and send them a check for 9.1 cents per track, per album/single copy sold.

First 6 minutes of this movie y'all... I'm tellin' you.

They killing this all over the TL

Movie aged like milk

Lol, this movie definitely hasn’t stood the test of time but I never took it that seriously anyways. Real heads know the story. It was just fun seeing the unintentional comedy of it all. Ice Cube son made the watch worth it to me tho.

crazy folks are saying this about a film that ain’t even a decade old lol

I see two sides so SOC.
1. The script was played safe for this generation to get hip to how NWA was and how they were.
2. That safety was the biggest gripe to me because the older folk like me remember the albums, the disses, the public backlash, etc.
Had the film been honest and was authentic to each character then it would have stood the test of time.
Granted some scenes were put together all at once for situations that happened within days, weeks, months.
I look at the script being as safe as it was by Cube and Dre being heavily involved.
Also, when everybody broke up they made Eazy out to be some chump. I knew a lot of people who rocked with Real MF'N G's.
What about Dre assaulting Dee Barnes?
A lot of those scenes were a joke especially the ones with Snoop and Suge.

Ray should have been their inspiration on how to do a biopic.

I see two sides so SOC.
1. The script was played safe for this generation to get hip to how NWA was and how they were.
2. That safety was the biggest gripe to me because the older folk like me remember the albums, the disses, the public backlash, etc.
Had the film been honest and was authentic to each character then it would have stood the test of time.
Granted some scenes were put together all at once for situations that happened within days, weeks, months.
I look at the script being as safe as it was by Cube and Dre being heavily involved.
Also, when everybody broke up they made Eazy out to be some chump. I knew a lot of people who rocked with Real MF'N G's.
What about Dre assaulting Dee Barnes?
A lot of those scenes were a joke especially the ones with Snoop and Suge.

Ray should have been their inspiration on how to do a biopic.

They really played MC Ren like he was some chump in the background when he wrote just as much, if not slightly more than Cube did between Eazy Duz It and Straight Outta Compton. They completely wrote out DOC's original group Fila Fresh Crew that had 4 out of the 11 songs on the NWA and the Posse album. Arabian Prince might as well have not even existed despite producing JJ Fad's albums as well as a few joints for NWA.

I could go on, but... yeah... they really butchered the legacy of NWA.

Back