Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is This Pastor Groping Ariana Grande?

I'm all for that. I'll respond as long as I'm being spoken to or quoted. If not then I got zero problem letting this thread go by the wayside and focusing on actual current stuff.

Might as well unwatch though. I'm sorry about the discussion or argument between myself and the person I've been responding to on here and I understand if others might be tired of this thread and seeing it pop up and I imagine it's annoying to everyone else. Best to just unwatch the thread.
Unwatched so please carry on. I’d suggest the same to people asking them to wrap it up.

B7999D9C-AEE5-41CE-94FA-E68CEDDB1209.gif

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I never heard Ariana say anything about it.
I asked because maybe she never thought twice about it (I certain cant speak for her) but now that all these people are saying shit about it shes either pissed or really wondering 'did something happen' and nothing really was ment by it... I mean she is young and sometimes people can have you believe shit is when it really is not. The man apologized move on. This shit is like a bunch of tattling children while the child that should be saying something is over playing with their toys unfazed and when you ask them they are like nope that didnt happen.

So based on the timing, that's all that's forming your view? I'm confused why you would neglect all the other damming evidence: 1) his apology 2) the legal perspective about which is more offensive, and 3) her visible disgust and what you yourself would find most shocking. What makes timing that important for you? Many other things correlated with that, why are you giving so much weight to a joke about taco bell when she's Italian?

You may not outright approve his actions, but you indirectly excuse and normalize his actions when you equicocate groping with joking.

Visible disgust is another that I'm not sure where you got that. She reacted twice during the interaction. She turned around as he was telling the joke...and then she shook her head as he pulled her closer...but I forgot that he called her an icon as he did that. That also might be the reason she shook her head. Timing is important because there was more than one factor at play that's why.

If you feel that way then you're entitled to your opinion. I equivocated them as far as being factors that relate to the timing of her reaction. Not as far as which was better or worse or if they're similar. You're reaching. His actions were terrible and idiotic whether intentional or not.

I guess we can agree to disagree about her reaction and what she reacted to.

Visible disgust is another that I'm not sure where you got that. She reacted twice during the interaction. She turned around as he was telling the joke...and then she shook her head as he pulled her closer...but I forgot that he called her an icon as he did that. That also might be the reason she shook her head. Timing is important because there was more than one factor at play that's why.

If you feel that way then you're entitled to your opinion. I equivocated them as far as being factors that relate to the timing of her reaction. Not as far as which was better or worse or if they're similar. You're reaching. His actions were terrible and idiotic whether intentional or not.

I guess we can agree to disagree about her reaction and what she reacted to.

Very sensible response. There were a lot of things at play, it's hard to know exactly what was at work, but I just don't see the joke being the big issue from the woman who penned this:

"went to pick up food with my boyfriend tonight and a young boy followed us to the car to tell Mac that he's a big fan.

He was loud and excited and by the time M was seated in the drivers seat he was literally almost in the car with us. I thought all of this was cute and exciting until he said ‘ariana is sexy as hell man i see you, i see you hitting that!!!'

*pause*

Hitting that? The fuck??

This may not seem like a big deal to some of you but I feel sick and objectified. I was also sitting right there when he said it. (?) I've felt really quiet and hurt since that moment. Things like [sic] happen all the time and are the kinds of moments that contribute to women’s sense of fear and inadequacy. I am not a piece of meat that a man gets to utilize for his pleasure. I’m an adult human being in a relationship with a man who treats me with love and respect.

It hurts my heart that so many young people are so comfortable enough using these phrases and objectifying women with such ease.

I felt like speaking out about this one experience tonight because I know very well that most women know the sensation of being spoken about in an uncomfortable way publicly or taken advantage of publicly by a man. We need to talk about these moments openly because they are harmful and they live on inside of us as shame. We need to share and be vocal when something makes us feel uncomfortable because if we don’t, it will just continue. We are not objects or prizes. We are QUEENS.”

Very sensible response. There were a lot of things at play, it's hard to know exactly what was at work, but I just don't see the joke being the big issue from the woman who penned this:

"went to pick up food with my boyfriend tonight and a young boy followed us to the car to tell Mac that he's a big fan.

He was loud and excited and by the time M was seated in the drivers seat he was literally almost in the car with us. I thought all of this was cute and exciting until he said ‘ariana is sexy as hell man i see you, i see you hitting that!!!'

*pause*

Hitting that? The fuck??

This may not seem like a big deal to some of you but I feel sick and objectified. I was also sitting right there when he said it. (?) I've felt really quiet and hurt since that moment. Things like [sic] happen all the time and are the kinds of moments that contribute to women’s sense of fear and inadequacy. I am not a piece of meat that a man gets to utilize for his pleasure. I’m an adult human being in a relationship with a man who treats me with love and respect.

It hurts my heart that so many young people are so comfortable enough using these phrases and objectifying women with such ease.

I felt like speaking out about this one experience tonight because I know very well that most women know the sensation of being spoken about in an uncomfortable way publicly or taken advantage of publicly by a man. We need to talk about these moments openly because they are harmful and they live on inside of us as shame. We need to share and be vocal when something makes us feel uncomfortable because if we don’t, it will just continue. We are not objects or prizes. We are QUEENS.”

And yet she still has not made a statement about the pastor groping or not groping her. Maybe it wasn't as it seemed. At least not to her.

And yet she still has not made a statement about the pastor groping or not groping her. Maybe it wasn't as it seemed. At least not to her.

It's not a matter of "did he do it" since we can see in the photo his hand is on her breast.

Back