Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is this good or bad thing........Thoughts?

Adults under 50 years old in Michigan who don’t have children must hold a job or forfeit food stamps, under a new rule that started on Oct. 1.

The work requirements of holding a job for an average of at least 20 hours a week are “for able-bodied adults ages 18 to 49 without dependents,” according to the state Department of Health and Human Services.

Two other options exist: adults can participate for an average of at least 20 hours a week in an approved employment and training program (select counties only); or participate in community service by volunteering at a nonprofit organization for a number of hours a week, determined by dividing the individual’s household monthly food assistance benefit by Michigan’s minimum wage ($9.25 per hour).

The department said such adults can now only receive food assistance benefits for up to three months within a three year period if they don’t meet the new requirements.

im not mad at this

no kids and able bodied, get up and go do something with your day.....just 4 hours at this rate

its bad somebody has to "force" this....and its gonna be looked at as bad either way

offering the training program and counting it kinda leaves no excuses

the ones who really need help and have no other options will get to it

the ones who aint got time, well.....

I don't think its a bad thing, but I think it should be like unemployment in that a person has to actually show they are attempting to get a job if they don't have one instead of just a blanket "You don't work, you don't eat" type deal.

I don't think its a bad thing, but I think it should be like unemployment in that a person has to actually show they are attempting to get a job if they don't have one instead of just a blanket "You don't work, you don't eat" type deal.

if they dont have one or are having a hard time they can go to the training program.....get out the house or off the street and help somebody or do something constructive for a few hours......that little shit can change peoples lives

I remember when they announced that John Engler was kicking single, childless, able bodied people off welfare back in the spring of '91. I had no problems with it back then even though a lot of folks cried about it. Did mah googles and turned up with this:

https://www.questia.com/library/jou...lfare-abolitionist-john-engler-s-conservative

"On October 11, 1991, Governor Engler signed legislation cutting off $250 million in general assistance benefits to able-bodied adults. Of the 105,000 men and women who received such benefits in 1991, 82 percent had never held a job in their lives. Naysayers predicted that Mr. Engler's plan to end the program would lead to widespread homelessness, deprivation, and death.

Two years later, the results -- and the lessons for other states -- are in: In April 1993, 34 percent of all terminated GA clients had been employed during the previous year, at least part time. Many others who were physically or mentally unable to work are now receiving disability payments and other government services they should have been getting in the first place. Equally impressive, private organizations across Michigan -- from the Salvation Army to local soup kitchens -- moved quickly to help the neediest of those unable to find work.
"

if they dont have one or are having a hard time they can go to the training program.....get out the house or off the street and help somebody or do something constructive for a few hours......that little shit can change peoples lives

That's good. I think this should be a nationwide thing honestly.

Lol , do you guys ever look at the fact that it isn't any jobs? Look at jobs at Walmart, McDonald's etc.

Basically, this is just to punish the poor for being poor. While the rich get to laugh at people who vote for shit like this.

What ya'll really need to focus on is the people who take up all the wealth

Lol , do you guys ever look at the fact that it isn't any jobs? Look at jobs at Walmart, McDonald's etc.

Basically, this is just to punish the poor for being poor. While the rich get to laugh at people who vote for shit like this.

What ya'll really need to focus on is the people who take up all the wealth

That's a lie. If a person doesn't have a job how can they actually look at jobs at places like Walmart and McDonald's and turn up their nose? Make that make sense.

Some people are actually capable of having an issue with both. By both I mean having no issue with able bodied people being on assistance being made to work, be trained in a new skill or doing volunteer work and the top hoarding all the wealth.

I really dont see a problem with this.

But TBH ive never really see single people with no kids on foodstamps abusing it/selling them.

Its always the people with 6 kids.

oh they out there

and some got kids and dont claim them, so you got that dilemma lol (some claims about to be made now.....terrible on the surface, but not bad either)

i just like that it gets people doing something

we all know whole housing projects fulla people that stay there all day, every day......maybe come out to hit the corner store and right back....but be posting and praising god on "stamp day" or "check day".....a girl on my timeline just the other day was like "im so glad tomorrow stamp day, im tired of buying food".....and so many people have no problem with that way of thinking

all them people aint disabled or otherwise unable to work....some are, but not all

this gives those people in this one area a chance to make a change.....get up, get dressed, and have somewhere to be for a FEW HOURS

they could meet somebody different that brings some value to their life or come out of a depression by helping people or cleaning themselves up

I just cant see anything bad in the outcome of this

That's a lie. If a person doesn't have a job how can they actually look at jobs at places like Walmart and McDonald's and turn up their nose? Make that make sense.

Some people are actually capable of having an issue with both. By both I mean having no issue with able bodied people being on assistance being made to work, be trained in a new skill or doing volunteer work and the top hoarding all the wealth.
Fam, the have self check out lines to replace workers. How is that a lie?

I mean - if they're gonna work and there are jobs available why should they even need welfare? It seems like this is geared towards underpaying an unskilled labor force or simply just kicking the people off welfare who need it the most.

Back