Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is there any chance that the periodic table is wrong?

Interesting thread @5 Grand !

You know the periodic table that hung on the wall of every science class you took at school? As of today, it’s wrong. Or more precisely, it's inaccurate.

One of the biggest changes in decades is set to be made to the periodic table, with the atomic weight of 10 elements altered to better reflect how they occur in nature.

For more than a century, scientists have assigned a standard single value to the atomic weights of elements. Now they say those numbers aren't as static as first believed.

Man's has a childlike wonder

This is something my daughter would ask so you know what

giphy.webp

Science was my favorite area of study in my schooling. But i do wish American schools taught Alchemy.

Like understanding elements and basic atomic structure is one thing. But the application of said elements is where the knowledge is.

And i wouldn't say that they got it wrong...it was the theory/calculation at that time. Science evoles as human understanding of it grows.

Like the fact that people don't understand food labels directly correlates to the periodic table.. nutrition 101....

We gotta make this knowledge more tangible for everyday use.

Western civilization dumbed everything down so ppl don't even know what they are! ( from a atomic/ element perspective lol)

That's like asking if the alphabet wrong.

Imma tell my auntie nem to pray for you at service this weekend king.

Well, people used to think the Earth was flat.

Columbus thought he was in India.

The Romans used Roman numerals and they didn't have a zero. So they couldn't do multiplication or division.

What if the alphabet IS wrong?

What if numbers have been wrong all along?

In the Roman Numeral days, somebody proved it was wrong, what if somebody proved the way we've been doing math is all wrong and we need another number (or two) between 1 and 10?

Science was my favorite area of study in my schooling. But i do wish American schools taught Alchemy.

Like understanding elements and basic atomic structure is one thing. But the application of said elements is where the knowledge is.

And i wouldn't say that they got it wrong...it was the theory/calculation at that time. Science evoles as human understanding of it grows.

Like the fact that people don't understand food labels directly correlates to the periodic table.. nutrition 101....

We gotta make this knowledge more tangible for everyday use.

Western civilization dumbed everything down so ppl don't even know what they are! ( from a atomic/ element perspective lol)
When you say alchemy, what do you mean?

Or rather, what sort of applications are you talking about?

Last edited:
I use the word "alchemy" when I rap.

Alchemy means; to make into gold. More specifically; making lead into gold.

But it can't be done. You can't make lead into gold, but there's a word for doing it; alchemy.

Back