Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is there a level of respect kids should show their parents?

A child dont know what respect is in them early years.

But as they get older respect should be given both ways and automatically given. And when one messes up they should earn that respect back and you should be open to them eardning it back. We are not perfect and shit happens sometimes. Depending on the offense though. Its some shit that you cant come back from.

When you’re a kid, yes. When you’re an adult, as with most things, you’re free to make your own decisions. That doesn’t mean you go around openly disrespecting your parents. In that scenario I think it’s best to just distance yourself from the situation.

There is a base line of respect that should be given to parents imo. I rather distance myself then to disrespect.

The bolded right there is the action I took.
At the end of the day, your parents are your parents no matter what, but unless my parents literally VIOLATED in the worst ways, then as a grown adult I can't be disrespecting.

Case in point when Kirk Franklin had that back and forth on the phone with his son, putting myself in the son's position I'd be thinking "I don't give a fuck if you're my dad but you ain't gonna be talking to me like that as a full grown ass man." But then rather go back and forth or retaliate with the disrespect, I'd simply be like "yeah that's gonna be the last time we ever need to see or speak to each other again" and keep it pushing in my life

Back