Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is There A Huge Difference Between Growing Up In A Two Parent Household Vs One?

A father is needed.
His love to his daughter and his love to his woman is what lil girls need and need to see.

Without it, it's hard to process what a man is and his role.

Same with a woman.

Yup.

I kinda grew up in both. Was being raised in a two parent household until my mama passed. That forced my dad to continue raising us as a single parent.

It was a lot harder on him. Especially raising a daughter. Thank goodness we had aunts and cousins. I know my path in life would definitely had been different if I mama was still alive. She would've pushed me harder to achieve things at an early age.

Also do y'all think single fathers can teach their daughters how to be a woman?

I mean he can put her on game about the type of men to avoid, and etc. Other than that...naw. No different from a mother teaching their son how to be a man.

Absolutely a big difference, aside from a two parent dysfunctional home.

Ppl try to ignore this despite the obvious symptoms of single parent home all around us. The reason for that in my opinion, is ppl think acknowledging that is a swipe at single moms. And since so many were raised by single moms, society taken on more of a female perspective.

It's like losing an arm or leg. Sure you can get by, even have a pretty good quality of life. But in no way shape or form is it optimal.

I still find it "weird" sometimes seeing folks wit two parents.

Mainly b/c it makes me wonder what it would've been like wit me. Like would i still have made some of the decisions as I was growing up? Especially choice I made in my adult years.

I still find it "weird" sometimes seeing folks wit two parents.

Mainly b/c it makes me wonder what it would've been like wit me. Like would i still have made some of the decisions as I was growing up? Especially choice I made in my adult years.

Somewhat similar in that regard. A lot of my boys were all raised in single parent house holds, so We had one another too bounce of for growth.

The couple that did have both parents, seemed like high tension households looking back. Parents always competing for affection, and throwing one another under the bus for it lol.

My kids got a trampoline because at one point we were a 2 parent home

A trampoline b

I ain't had neither, and i feel for kids that are adopted by gay parents. It's hard enough to figure shit out with no reference, but now u got something even more unorthodox going on.

Back