Welcome To aBlackWeb

My 8yo son was upset that there wasnt any eggs hidden around the house this year.

I'll hide them on Wednesday

21-horrifying-vintage-easter-bunnies-e1456947201732.jpeg

Do u or your kids believe in the easter bunny?

At what age do u tell a kid its all fake?

Do u tell them santa is fake at same time or let that ride out longer?

Naw...but judging by that pic...the devil is DEFINITELY real. Lol!

I remember being salty when I found out the easter bunny wasnt real. All the lies and bullshit my parents did to make us believe they really did exist only to find out none of it is real. It's all fun and games until your reality is crushed.

If ya kids believe it...let'em.

Let them be kids. They'll grow out of it eventually.

If ya kids believe it...let'em.

Let them be kids. They'll grow out of it eventually.
i was gonna mention this

but i forgot where i am

IC ABW hard on kids cognitive development and shit

i was gonna mention this

but i forgot where i am

IC ABW hard on kids cognitive development and shit

I could argue that most of these holidays we celebrate "for the kids" is not only in opposition to many belief systems commonly practices in Western society, but also used as a vehicle to cause apostasy for them when they become adults.

But this aint the thread.

I just told my son the truth. That none of its real and all stem from older traditions people practiced in the past that got changed to holidays for companies to make money.

I could argue that most of these holidays we celebrate "for the kids" is not only in opposition to many belief systems commonly practices in Western society, but also used as a vehicle to cause apostasy for them when they become adults.

But this aint the thread.

I just told my son the truth. That none of its real and all stem from older traditions people practiced in the past that got changed to holidays for companies to make money.

i know goldie be clowning a lot of times, but I agree with him when he says that if ya kid still believing this shit after a certain age with absolutely NO involvement from you, then you have failed your child as a parent

My daughter is still of age where she likes to participate in this stuff. I see it as a dangling carrot situation....nothing more. She is big on being incentivized for things. I use them as an opportunity for her to learn early on she has to work to get stuff and if the easter bunny does this for her, the tooth fairy, etc...at THIS age range, who am i to ruin this experience for her

some of these niggas love trying to be Snoop kicking over lil kids forts and shit

THEY
ARE
KIDS for crying out loud

instead of letting them be children and reading books about Junie B, ya'll niggas forcing the autobiography of Malcolm X in their faces

sad

re fucking lax

i know goldie be clowning a lot of times, but I agree with him when he says that if ya kid still believing this shit after a certain age with absolutely NO involvement from you, then you have failed your child as a parent

My daughter is still of age where she likes to participate in this stuff. I see it as a dangling carrot situation....nothing more. She is big on being incentivized for things. I use them as an opportunity for her to learn early on she has to work to get stuff and if the easter bunny does this for her, the tooth fairy, etc...at THIS age range, who am i to ruin this experience for her

some of these niggas love trying to be Snoop kicking over lil kids forts and shit

THEY
ARE
KIDS for crying out loud

instead of letting them be children and reading books about Junie B, ya'll niggas forcing the autobiography of Malcolm X in their faces

sad

re fucking lax

To each their own fam.

At this point in my life I aint beating people over the head with a stick to get them to see things they way i do. But i will say the "let them be kids" argument is tired. To say that im depriving them of a childhood by choosing not to lie to them is ridiculous.

To each their own fam.

At this point in my life I aint beating people over the head with a stick to get them to see things they way i do. But i will say the "let them be kids" argument is tired. To say that im depriving them of a childhood by choosing not to lie to them is ridiculous.

this is one perspective

im sure there is no study that shows your child will be any further along in life than mine by revealing to him these 'characters' arent real

i think there are age appropriate things for practically everything, and its amazing to see children come to their own conclusions about things

this is one perspective

im sure there is no study that shows your child will be any further along in life than mine by revealing to him these 'characters' arent real

i think there are age appropriate things for practically everything, and its amazing to see children come to their own conclusions about things

I agree with that last paragraph. And there are many other situations they will experience in life that will allow them to do just that. But IMO i feel that false holidays of pagan origin arent essential for that to occur.

I agree with that last paragraph. And there are many other situations they will experience in life that will allow them to do just that. But IMO i feel that false holidays of pagan origin arent essential for that to occur.
that's a perspective

I remember when I was a child how I appreciated my gifts and things way more once I found my mother working super hard and sacrificing was the reason I got these things I wanted as opposed to some magical entity bestowing them upon me.

If I was to ever have children I wouldn’t BS them because they would understand at an early age anything you want you have to work hard to get it and if someone does give you something out of the kindness of their heart appreciate it. Even if it’s something you don’t like, you should appreciate the sentiment that they did something selfless for you.

Reactions: B_A
I remember being salty when I found out the easter bunny wasnt real. All the lies and bullshit my parents did to make us believe they really did exist only to find out none of it is real. It's all fun and games until your reality is crushed.
Does it still bother you that the Easter bunny isn't real?

Nobody I grew up with ever treated the Easter bunny as anything other than a mascot. Shit they would let us paint the eggs ourselves. I was honestly more messed up mentally about wrestling being fake

Naw...but judging by that pic...the devil is DEFINITELY real. Lol!

It looks like a horror movie chara her like Freddy or chunky but instead of don't fall asleep it's don't play in the grass! No wonder I freaked out crying and tried to get away from the Easter bunny at the mall when I was a toddker

no lmao

And that shit with a giant rabbit in the mall is creepy AF

I'm gonna start a business where in Easter your kids can take a picture with an actual bunny, and not some pedo in a furry suit. Watch that shit sell.

Back