Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is That Really That Offensive?

The discussions on this site, on social media in general ,and the current climate on things got me to thinking about people and how far some people go to show that they're not "sensitive" or bothered by certain things that are said while others are quick to point out that words can and should have consequences behind them. What is the actual line? Because I've seen people on the unbothered side let some wild shit slide in an effort to prove they're not "sensitive". It's weird that some people find it a sign of strength to just let somebody say whatever it is they want about you and not react. Yet there's also those who purposely take shit out of context so they can be offended. What exactly is the line?

But I think it's about image and power.

Too many people watching and you must respond to it alone.....Most people let it go.

But if people are able to leverage it to make you do some shit like apologize....They use it and say it hurt them.

I'm always offended

but I'm not willing to let myself be driven by my emotions

I always think about the 2nd/3rd order effects when I decide to react

now as far as internet insults.........I just can't make them real enough to actually care in my mind............and it's easier when you generally stay anonymous

It sounds like you have an idea in your head of a question that you're really trying to get to the bottom of...but something is lost in translation between your brain and the keyboard.

I'm basically asking where is the line drawn between being overreactive vs just letting something you know is foul slide simply because you don't want to appear sensitive. The whole "don't catch feelings" thing

I'm basically asking where is the line drawn between being overreactive vs just letting something you know is foul slide simply because you don't want to appear sensitive. The whole "don't catch feelings" thing

I mean, that's line is different for each person. And have you considered that there is a third scenario? One where people are offended and don't say anything, but NOT because they don't wanna appear sensitive.

It isn't as binary as you think.

Thing is people being to take on these talking point of white supremacist raging at "pc" culture there is a line.. but also there is also a group of people who are hype sensitive it a weird space betwee theses extremes

I mean, that's line is different for each person. And have you considered that there is a third scenario? One where people are offended and don't say anything, but NOT because they don't wanna appear sensitive.

It isn't as binary as you think.

I know the line is different for each person, but for those who lie on the side of "PC culture is ruining the world" I just wonder exactly what they get out of thinking that subjecting yourself to the most outlandish shit is a sign of being strong.

For me, it depends on what it is someone says.
I also try not to lead with my emotions so much, everything just simply doesn’t need that response from me. I don’t even consider it being strong. If I react with my emotions all the time, I’ll always be mentally and emotionally drained. I do however, get some type of fulfillment out of watching people get upset that they can’t upset me, I’m an asshole though.

Spoken like a true fuck nigga, what else you got?
Didnt you just ban somebody for this?

source.gif

Back