Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is social media toxic to the human psyche?

People need to see shit to believe shit.

Black folk been crying about police brutality for decades.

But just like Chappelle said.... Most folk ain't even know til it was in the news.

And shit ain't pick up steam like it has now til people started recording.

Social media didn't make cops start beating and killing niggaz. That shit along with every other fucked up thing about humanity existed way before social media...

We just see it now.....

I'm 35 and we can pretend our generation was soooooooooooooo much better if we want... But the only difference was we ain't have camera phones....

If social media was big in the 90's like it is now..... The whole conversation would be different.

But just like Chappelle said.... Most folk ain't even know til it was in the news.

Social media didn't make cops start beating and killing niggaz. That shit along with every other fucked up thing about humanity existed way before social media...

We just see it now.....

I'm 35 and we can pretend our generation was soooooooooooooo much better if we want... But the only difference was we ain't have camera phones....

If social media was big in the 90's like it is now..... The whole conversation would be different.
George Bush did the towers.

From the convo it looks like he was def gonna lose his job. And its a 19 year old its not that serious.
I know. He's a kid. He'll live. But he's old enough to have known better but young enough to have done it anyway. Best case scenario, he doesn't do it again and everyone learns from him. More realistically, either he does it again or someone else tries to imitate his reckless text just to go viral and the social media cycle continues.

We just see it now.....

I completely agree. Social media used to be a purposeful thing, which is what you seem to be speaking to. Black planet was for hooking up. Facebook was for college and professional networking. MySpace was for personal interests and then creative content. Then it all morphed into a singular thing.

The same site we go to for business inquiries is the same site where we ask for nudes, talk sports, and argue about dumb shit. It's a forum with no sub sections.
Social media imitates life
Social media is some people's lives, which is the problem.

Like women who will reject and ignore every man that approaches her just to get online and say how single and lonely she is. Then come the likes, comments, and DMs.

There's a disconnect.

Nowadays, it looks like when most people get in a relationship. Their relationship turns into a webisode. They be like "Hey everybody we're live, I'm going to wait until people come into the live..........aight, hey yall, we are sitting at the kitchen island, eating breakfast". Nothing is confidential anymore

Nowadays, it looks like when most people get in a relationship. Their relationship turns into a webisode. They be like "Hey everybody we're live, I'm going to wait until people come into the live..........aight, hey yall, we are sitting at the kitchen island, eating breakfast". Nothing is confidential anymore
SMH my ex was like that. I tolerated it cause she was one of those brand ambassador/model/aspiring actress types... and you kinda gotta support your girl's dreams and shit

tenor.gif

only if you was a person who was already toxic
I think sm can change you over time even if you're not a toxic person per se. Like "didn't read" is really a thing because we've been conditioned to read short responses and niggas is lazy af now. The way people converse is totally different now in my experience. I've noticed that back on the IC shit we would talk about and catchphrases would seep into my real life lol. That's when I knew I would need to take a break.....like I can't talk to people about GoT anymore cuz of our old classic threads lol.

I think sm can change you over time even if you're not a toxic person per se. Like "didn't read" is really a thing because we've been conditioned to read short responses and niggas is lazy af now. The way people converse is totally different now in my experience. I've noticed that back on the IC shit we would talk about and catchphrases would seep into my real life lol. That's when I knew I would need to take a break.....like I can't talk to people about GoT anymore cuz of our old classic threads lol.
i see your point....
i did say a few things to wifey about having a white belt.....and made her get rid of it...lol
but for it to get to the point where a person is dismissive of someone else but live their whole day existing only in virtual space is not good.

i know this chick.....once she got sm and dudes started simping...she went crazy...couldnt tell her shit. i mean she was fine but still a bit innocent. once she found out how many dudes was into her.....she turned into something else. last i heard she was making a nice come up selling semi nudes and had like two miscarriages.
i felt bad for her......she was just gone.
i am waiting to see her posted on the net. just a matter of time. she was bad.

I saw "ain't nobody got time for that" seep into public conscious in real time.

It was a depressing and disgusting experience.

When people say didnt read tho i mean that fir folks like koncept who literally write essays to make a small point. By now we should be able to sum shit up in at the most 3 paragraphs. Not so much neglecting

When people say didnt read tho i mean that fir folks like koncept who literally write essays to make a small point. By now we should be able to sum shit up in at the most 3 paragraphs. Not so much neglecting
i see why he does it...
he makes multiple points of support while making the main point.

you need a foundation to express how you got to where you are.

i actually respect that he does that.

its better than people posting....."Nah, must be two sides"
well ok...how so?

Another aspect of this conversation is that for the age group of the people on this forum, we remember a time before social media and we can compare now to then and call this time toxic.

For kids born into social media, this is the norm. The same way we used to think kids not having friends and playing outside was detrimental to the development of their social skills, now not getting likes will be detrimental.

So good and bad aside, its kind of normal now.

I just watched this video a few days ago

and this one last week

As well as this one last week

@3:00 for the last one.

I just watched this video a few days ago

and this one last week

As well as this one last week

@3:00 for the last one.

that last video is crazy.....but very true

my phone been broke for a week. im cool with no texts. as long as i can check emails...im cool

interesting....wifey trynna hire people(yes,still)
she always says that the people have no social skills and dont know how to interview.

Back