Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Serena Williams The Greatest Athlete Of All Time?

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
If you say Muhammad Ali, the counter argument is Jack Johnson, Joe Louis, Joe Frazier, George Forman, Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis.

If you say Michael Jordan, the counter argument is Kareem, Magic, Kobe, LeBron

If you say Wayne Gretsky the counter argument is Bobby Orr or Mario Lamieux

If you say Barry Bonds, the counter argument is Hank Aaron, Willie Mays or Derek Jeter

If you say Tom Brady the counter argument is Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, Peyton Manning or even Johnny Unitas, or somebody that doesn't play QB like Jerry Rice or O.J. Simpson

But if you say Serena is the absolute greatest player in her respective sport, what would be the counter argument?

Last edited:
There is only one undisputed GOAT ever at anything and that GOAT is...

natedogg2.jpg

King Of Hooks

But if you say Serena is the absolute greatest player in her respective sport, what would be the counter argument?

If you was to say that I couldn't argue with that, both of them have done a lot for tennis and made it popular more than ever.

If you say Muhammad Ali, the counter argument is Jack Johnson, Joe Louis, Joe Frazier, George Forman, Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis.

If you say Michael Jordan, the counter argument is Kareem, Magic, Kobe, LeBron

If you say Wayne Gretsky the counter argument is Bobby Orr or Mario Lamieux

If you say Barry Bonds, the counter argument is Hank Aaron, Willie Mays or Derek Jeter

If you say Tom Brady the counter argument is Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, Peyton Manning or even Johnny Unitas, or somebody that doesn't play QB like Jerry Rice or O.J. Simpson

Aint no counter Serena the best bar none. And to me in the top 3 of best athletes all time if not number 1

There is no best it's a silly debate its not comparable.

She should always be mentioned among the greats.

Also the debate as the best in her sport is also a redundant debate it means you compare the men's game to the women's that's silly

Well name a male tennis player that has won as many championships as Serena.

I'm not mad @ anyone who says she is. Serena been doin' this for 20+ years and is still the absolute truth.

Last edited:
I personally think she is. She plays a sport that's extremely grueling at high levels. It's a solo sport, so everything she's accomplished in competition is hers alone (barring coaching, training, etc...). She's been dominant longer than most others and has left and come back and returned to form more than anyone else I can think of.

It's a hard thing to pick one best for anything this broad, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone with a resume like hers.

I personally think she is. She plays a sport that's extremely grueling at high levels. It's a solo sport, so everything she's accomplished in competition is hers alone (barring coaching, training, etc...). She's been dominant longer than most others and has left and come back and returned to form more than anyone else I can think of.

It's a hard thing to pick one best for anything this broad, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone with a resume like hers.

How do you compare federer record to serenas ?

Federer is great, but he clearly dropped off towards the end and other players like Nadal and Djokavich had his number. There is no one like that with Serena.

Exactly the point you can't compare the men's women's games hand on heart you see Serena doing 5 sets against federer?

She hasn't won all the master titles djokovic has

Federer has 98 career titles I believe Serena has 72

Serena is in the same breath as the best atheltes same as Federer Nadal djokovic.

But it's crazy to compare the games.

Back