Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Is Rza A Top 5 Producer?

Is Rza A Top 5 Producer

• Total voters

Goldie

Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner
RZA_Andy+Coterill.jpg

RZA's production technique, specifically the manner of chopping up and/or speeding or slowing soul samples to fit his beats, has been imitated by hip hop producers including Kanye West and Just Blaze. West's own take on RZA's style[26] briefly flooded the rap market with what was dubbed "chipmunk soul," the speeding of a vocal sample to where it sounded as though the singer had inhaled helium. Several producers at the time copied the style, creating other offshoots. West has admitted that his style was distinctly influenced by the RZA's production

Said by Kanye West:
Wu-Tang? Me and my friends talk about this all the time... We think Wu-Tang had one of the biggest impacts as far as a movement. From slang to style of dress, skits, the samples. Similar to the [production] style I use, RZA has been doing that.

I'm not mad at Rza being voted top 5 cuz he introduced a sound and produced multiple classic albums and records.

If I were to debate against him I would highlight the fact that he stuck to his one lane. I wouldn't say he's a one trick pony, but outside of wutang and that one record on LAD, what has he done?

36 chambers , liquid swords, o4bcl, tical, ironman, wu tang forever are all classics and top notch produced so it put him on my top 5
probably at #4 or #5

producers like swizz beatz , just blaze , pharrel, timbaland were never my type of producers

i like producers like qtip havoc, pete rock, dj premier, rza

Back