Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is "Queen" a compliment or insult?

Soul_Rattler

Screenshot_20190521-012148_Instagram.jpg

The colloquial definition is that of a female ruler of a sovereign nation, or the highest nobility a woman can achieve.

I remember listening to the comedian Patrice O'neal (RIP) say in a bit that a man who marries a Queen will never be King. But a woman who marries a King instantly becomes the Queen. So in his own comedic way, he describes the Queen as the King's bitch.

I'm looking up the history of the word Queen and in an form, it seems to refer to a King's mistress or concubine.

Screenshot_20190521-013316_Samsung Internet.jpg

The etymology seems to stem from the word Quean:

Screenshot_20190521-013538_Samsung Internet.jpg

And then there is cwene, kweniz:
Screenshot_20190521-013813_Samsung Internet.jpg

Has anyone else read or heard about this not being the compliment we regularly believe it to be?

I really need the story about the chick that crushed your shit. Lol. You need to start a mgtow YouTube series fam...

Soul_Rattler Checks In

We've got black folks that have this thing with calling others "kings" and "queens", and I get that folks are just trying to be uplifting.
But the shit strikes me as patronizing and I'd rather not give someone a label they don't deserve. That kind of compliment can even back fire on you in certain social situations. People know when they ain't shit and you can look just as shady complimenting them for acts they know are foul. Or they know you could just trying to bullshit them with false compliments.

Best to just be genuine, if you do refer to someone that kind of way, truly mean it.
The flip side is that sometimes, that shit is what someone might need to hear. And if that's what it takes to make some of these people feel better bout themselves, fuck it.

Not that this is all exclusive to black people problems. Human nature can be a complex thing like that no matter where you go.

I need to know which actual females getting mad about being called queen. I don't believe this is a thing.
There was a whole thing about calling women "females" was disrespectful and offending also.

Because females could be an animal also or whatever. Was even a huge thread on it on the IC. And I get that more than people being offended by Queen.

But there are mentally ill people everywhere on social media.

I just tend to avoid these people and treat them like flat earthers

Last edited:
I really need the story about the chick that crushed your shit. Lol. You need to start a mgtow YouTube series fam...

Soul_Rattler Checks In

I'm not MGTOW. I believe in black nationalism and MGTOW runs counter to that because black men and black women require one another to be the best version of ourselves to thrive as a people.
I always clown this we came from Kings and royalty shit.
Why clown it? Can you honestly say that you'd clown the idea of us coming from savagery if you were alive 100 years ago?
I need to know which actual females getting mad about being called queen. I don't believe this is a thing.
I've seen it from a few enlightened black women, which is what caused me to do my own research.

Then I look in popular music culture, particularly black culture. Look at most of the women who call themselves Queen. On the surface they imply royal superiority but their presentation suggests that of a mistress or concubine.

I very much believe that the Jews who finance such imagery know what they are doing when they push it to the public. What Jewish woman do you know out here popping pussy damn near naked calling herself the Queen/baddest bitch/etc?
There was a whole thing about calling women females was disrespectful and offending also.

Because females could be an animal also or whatever. Was even a huge thread on it on the IC. And I get that more than people being offended by Queen.

But there are mentally ill people everywhere on social media.

I just tend to avoid these people and treat them like flat earthers

Imagine if in 2019, we just now found out the word "nigga" had a history that was less than endearing.

You won't know a thing unless you learn it first. Don't have the cognitive dissonance that makes you reject knowledge just because you didn't already know it.

the intent is good, but there's tons of things tht don't mean what we think they mean...

it's pretty subjective to the amount of ignorance or lack there of in the particular application

Back