Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is Pras Hip Hop's Weakest Link?

GOAT

🐐
1127-pras-getty-2.jpg

Fugees are an iconic group in music history. But its safe to say there isnt a single person on planet earth who would say Pras was their favorite member.

Some may say he wasnt even needed.

Who are some other members of music groups that were eating all the bbq but didnt even bring nothin to the cookout?

It's a complex one cos believe it there's Fugee fans who might take Pras as their favourite in the group

I think every member of a group got their distinctive personality Eg some say U-God of the WU wack but I like his flow ..

Well as far as I understand, Jarobi did very little on the first Tribe Called Quest album. At least Phife kicked a couple of verses on Can I Kick It and Ham and Eggs.

As far as I know, Jarobi just talked in between songs.

He wasn't even in the group for the second album.

Yeah Jarobi didnt really become a "full time" member until recently if im not mistaken. He was always around, but I cant recall the reasoning, he didnt perform on many songs and he actually quit the group and one time and started a restaurant or food truck business thats been pretty successful.

They detail it a bit on that Tribe documentary.

It's a complex one cos believe it there's Fugee fans who might take Pras as their favourite in the group

I think every member of a group got their distinctive personality Eg some say U-God of the WU wack but I like his flow ..

Cosign U-God. He shined on Mysteries of Chessboxin and Cherez La Ghost.

But I can't think of any Masta Killa verses or songs where he shined. Not saying he's wack, but he just doesn't stand out.

But I can't think of any Masta Killa verses or songs where he shined. Not saying he's wack, but he just doesn't stand out.
Masta Killa shined on Chessboxin and Glaciers Of Ice.

Nh at UGod's Chez Cher La Ghost verse...

And Masta Killa is dope... he just got an off-kilter flow...

And to answer your question, Pras is useless...

There's a reason they edit him out of Ghetto Supastar on the radio...

Back